DM800 With Motorised dish!

Thanks, i have done so much research on this and i honestly believe it is an issue with powering the motor! I read a a similar post to yours, advising people to use usals with simple setup - i have also tried disecq 1.2 in the advanced setup! no matter what i choose the motor will not budge or blink when connected to the dm800!

Think i have finally cracked it... was indeed a power supply issue! dont know why this would make a difference, but all power supply units i have for any dreambox have a german pin on it... so i got an english figure of 8 plug, stuck it in the power unit of the dm800, and again nothing happened. Did the same to the dm500 psu, and were in business!

So now i have just got to tune the sats... will post how it goes to help other users if they have issues!

Sooo close, but yet so far!!!

So i can now move the dish, but i seem to have another problem! When i tell the dm800 to goto 0 it always goes about 10-15 degrees east of south! If i do a manual reset on the dish (align the dish with true south) and then tell the box to goto 0, it will go all the way east, and then park itself on 10-15 degrees east of south again!!

Also sometimes when i tell it to move the dish west, it moves east, this does not really bother me as all sats that i use are east, but occasionally when i tell it to move or scan east, it does nothing! The sat just sits there... but when i tell it to goto 0 it does its usual trick>?!

Any ideas??

So i can now move the dish, but i seem to have another problem! When i tell the dm800 to goto 0 it always goes about 10-15 degrees east of south! If i do a manual reset on the dish (align the dish with true south) and then tell the box to goto 0, it will go all the way east, and then park itself on 10-15 degrees east of south again!!

Also sometimes when i tell it to move the dish west, it moves east, this does not really bother me as all sats that i use are east, but occasionally when i tell it to move or scan east, it does nothing! The sat just sits there... but when i tell it to goto 0 it does its usual trick>?!

Any ideas??
christ this is all ahead of me, I set up a 2mtr prime focus dish as a hobby 20yrs ago, had it swinging 100% correct east/west in about an hour using an old discus elipse reciever,..this new equipment seems a totally new ball game

Any ideas??
I'ts a long shot but before i bought my motor see here I did some research in them, it seems they come in two different configurations, 1 for northern hemisphere & another for southern hemisphere,
I wonder is this causing the east/west problem in your case ? BTW my motor is still in the box & I have yet to set it up.

i dont have a motor or ever used usuals...ive only ever used diseqc1.2 i think....

can u set the dish manualy.?

would it help if you set the reciever to face due south then set the dish and motor due south manualy............then reconnect everything back up and try again.?

how im looking at this is the reciever thinks that south is south even though its 15 degrees off if you know wat im saying...so you when you reset the box to south its now pointing south...

do you follow me.?

or doesnt it work that way.?

well usually it kinda does... but with this dm800 it is a whole other kettle of fish! Basically i have setup to use 13.0 19.2 & 28.2 - for some reason goto 0 makes it goto somewhere just off 13.0 - if i remove 13.0 then for some reason somewhere around 19.2 becomes '0' !!!

I have tried usals with no luck, even though my dish is pointing true south when manually reset to 0 - what happens, is that the dish moves straight past the sat! i have tried offsetting my lon a few degrees, but that doesnt help!

If i have one sat configured with diseqc 1.2 then i can move the dish east/west no problem and store the position. I can even tell to search for that particular sat, and it will find it... However two or more sats, and it doesnt move at all!!!

Also another weird thing i have noticed... on my dm500 with the motor pointing at 28.2 my signal strength is around 90-93% on the dm800 without having moved the dish it is around 58-63% what could be causing this?

I'm thinking of getting a DM800 clone, has anyone had similar issues with a v-boxII with these boxes?

whats a v-boxII? i haven't had any issues with my dm800 clone.

ok just looked it up... what issues do you have with your v-boxII?

whats a v-boxII? i haven't had any issues with my dm800 clone.

ok just looked it up... what issues do you have with your v-boxII?

I don't have any current issues, just checking if anyone had found any issues with using this device with a dm800 clone, given the problems with motors in this thread :)

i think most people are using motors which are powered from the box itself.....i think your vbox 2 uses its own power supply to move the motor and uses the diseqc commands from the box to position the dish..

if its power supply related then i dont think you should have any problems...

also check your settings for motor set-up

DM800 Usuals Motor Config Parameters.

The below are the basic settings some other images have additional settings.

Configuration mode= Advanced
Voltage mode= Polarisation
Tone mode= band
Use usals for this sat = yes Make sure this is turned on for all sat positions
LNB= LNB 1
Diseqc mode= 1.2
Toneburst= none
Commited Diseqc command= none
Fast diseqc= no
Sequence repeat= no
Command order= commited, toneburst
UnCommited diseqc command = none
Diseqc repeats= none
Longitude= Enter your coordinates
Latitude= Enter your coordinates
LOF = universal LNB
Increased voltage= yes

Hi all,

Is there a step by step guide to install a motorised dish?

Would you recommend doing it yourself or getting it installed professionally? Also, how much is it likely to cost?

hello i try to setup my motorized dish whit my dm800hd se i cant get it to work i want to setup astra 19,2 hotbird 13 siruis 4.8 thor 0.8 and turksat 42 my country is sweden please someone help me whit positions and frequences

Back