DM800 Clone - The Mutts Nutts !!!

mannachie

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have switched over from my TM600 and gone all HD with a clone DM800 and I have to say, it was well worth it. Running the Dream Elite BH image (available in this forum) and it's the dogs, best image I have used. Fitted an internal seagate SATA drive which works brilliant, with timeshift too and no need for extra cooling. When drive running, it goes no higher than 42C.
Best EPG I have seen and I really cannot fault the setup ........... no wait, one gripe - the internal fan still runs when bix on standby, it gets my goat !!!!!

I have switched over from my TM600 and gone all HD with a clone DM800 and I have to say, it was well worth it. Running the Dream Elite BH image (available in this forum) and it's the dogs, best image I have used. Fitted an internal seagate SATA drive which works brilliant, with timeshift too and no need for extra cooling. When drive running, it goes no higher than 42C.
Best EPG I have seen and I really cannot fault the setup ........... no wait, one gripe - the internal fan still runs when bix on standby, it gets my goat !!!!!

Where did you buy your box from and how much did you pay?

So all the usual HD channels that glitch aren't glitching on your machine?

Where did you buy your box from and how much did you pay?

DreamboxSatstore via Amazon and cost £189.

So all the usual HD channels that glitch aren't glitching on your machine?

Only one I have a problem with is Channel4 HD but I watch sod all on it anyway. I have watched and recorded several movies on Sly HD channels and no probs at all.

DreamboxSatstore via Amazon and cost £189.

Only one I have a problem with is Channel4 HD but I watch sod all on it anyway. I have watched and recorded several movies on Sly HD channels and no probs at all.

What about but what about the rest of the usual suspects?

Channel 4 HD is one of them, sounds like the same old shite.

But if you're happy, then that's all that matters.

i only get glitching when my internet is downloading. its not isolated to one channel but all of them. when no one is on the net then i get perfect pictures.

i only get glitching when my internet is downloading. its not isolated to one channel but all of them. when no one is on the net then i get perfect pictures.

Dont know how my network handles it but i can download at 20MB while streaming to the same pc (HD Channels too) without it glitching, this is on wireless G so it makes it a bit strange.

so what channels are supposed to glitch, and are they still glitching on the newer versions of the dm800hd, i am thinking of getting one of these, but a bit worried about the gklitching on hd channels

so what channels are supposed to glitch, and are they still glitching on the newer versions of the dm800hd, i am thinking of getting one of these, but a bit worried about the gklitching on hd channels

By newer if you mean the latest revision tuners Rev L3, then yes there is still glitching wven with latst tuner revisions..and latest unpatched drivers. If your lucky a inline booster may fix it.
Intrestingly over on Dreambox made in china forum, they actually reckon the L3 tuner is worse and has been built on the cheap...less components then older rev tuners... Apprently a Rev K with a few mods is the best...

The original post however is correct, the DreamElite Image is very good indeed, I originaly had Gemini 5 installed...pile of crap it is.. But DreamElite BH 133D is without a doubt the best image i've used on Sat, great EPG, timeshift, scheduling recording, plugins, youtube browser etc...all work great...
I've not see this quality of image on any other platform yet...Still havent had a chance to have a play properly.

Almost all my glitching problems were installed with the use of a 18db inline booster...but it's still not 100%. I knew to expect that before I bought one though...I had a faulty HDMI - DVI lead supplied with my'n as well...

There is no heat issues i've noticed, the box is warm to touch tough, there is a fan and heatsink installed..which is silent you cant hear it..

Last edited:
so do u think i should wait for a month or so, to see which hd box is stable then, i am looking at the vu+solo, as well, but been told that there is not a proper image working for this box yet, like cccam running and other stuff, its a shame really, because i would love to get one, they look like a solid box

What about but what about the rest of the usual suspects?

Channel 4 HD is one of them, sounds like the same old shite.

But if you're happy, then that's all that matters.

What are the usual suspects witchy, I only seem to have Channel 4HD, can't find any others .......... yet !!!

Almost all my glitching problems were installed with the use of a 18db inline booster...but it's still not 100%. I knew to expect that before I bought one though...I had a faulty HDMI - DVI lead supplied with my'n as well...

There is no heat issues i've noticed, the box is warm to touch tough, there is a fan and heatsink installed..which is silent you cant hear it..

I have ordered an inline booster to see if that sorts the glitching I get with Ch4 HD, which really isn't that bad, but we will see if it improves anything then I will be content with my box :proud:

Does your fan still run with box on standby gsmtech, i did read earlier posts where a 12v feed can be taken from elsewhere to power the fan only when box is on ??. I have also seen pics of heatsinks to add to the opened tuner, mine doesn't have one at the moment.

I have ordered an inline booster to see if that sorts the glitching I get with Ch4 HD, which really isn't that bad, but we will see if it improves anything then I will be content with my box :proud:

Does your fan still run with box on standby gsmtech, i did read earlier posts where a 12v feed can be taken from elsewhere to power the fan only when box is on ??. I have also seen pics of heatsinks to add to the opened tuner, mine doesn't have one at the moment.

Not sure if the fan runs on standby, it's been left on consttantly since i've had it, I will put it on standby tonight and check..
It's silent anyway...cant hear it so I will have to look through the lid and check it's spinning...

Be aware that the inline booster might cause other problems ! With the booster, my HD channels are all mostly sorted...but it causes issues with some SD channels...for example Premiere works without the booster, withthe booster..I get "tune failed"..

Not talking about normal glitching mate, I'm talking about 'Tuner Failed' popping up on some HDTV channels also picture freeze which is unrelated to your internet connection.

What speed is your Internet Stef?

If you are on Virgin then you should be able to max out your download speed and still have a perfect connection to your CS.

Not sure if the fan runs on standby, it's been left on consttantly since i've had it, I will put it on standby tonight and check..
It's silent anyway...cant hear it so I will have to look through the lid and check it's spinning...

Be aware that the inline booster might cause other problems ! With the booster, my HD channels are all mostly sorted...but it causes issues with some SD channels...for example Premiere works without the booster, withthe booster..I get "tune failed"..

With the Gemini Image the tuner got mega hot in use and I couldn't even get the Internal HDD to mount at all. I bought one of those notebook cooler 3 fan things which run off the rear USB connection and glowed bright blue like a sodding space ship!!! The USB was live all the time too so I had to keep unplugging it when box not in use. Glad now that the DreamElite BH Image has removed the need for extra cooling. Top Marks for that Image :banana:

Cheers for the info on inline booster, I'll give it a go and see what happens :proud:

I can confirm that the £4 inline booster I bought from ebay is now installed and has sorted the glitching I got on Ch4 HD and E4 HD which I discovered also glitched a bit last night when I was checking them all out. No glitches at all now on any HD channels and I am working from a Hop1 server feed giving me a ECM of 0.086. 28e SNR of 71% on Sly Sports HD3.

Life is sweeeeeeeet at last :banana:

you can get one here cheaper plus no idea what it means but members have said to get the one with slope function which this one has
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
i have never used the above shop so dont know what its like, you can get the same one from ukdreamshop slightly dearer but he has very good rep.

Back