DM600s images and software

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
do we have them on the server i have done a few searches but not found anything

i have just recieved my 600s and want to get started.

PS its in another langauge at the mo lmao, and where does this hard drive actually go ?? and it can only be a laptop hard drive the size of the machine ?

cheers for any help im lost again

You're maybe better looking in the cable section Mickie. I know it's a bit daunting walking down that long corridor to the cable room but you need to get past your fear lol ;)

Images here

Flashing information here

Although the images are in the cable sections, they should work on satellite boxes too. When it detects the satellite tuner it will loads the satellite settings and you won't see any cable stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have not been in the cable sections for about 4 years lmao

what would i say lmao, i think i posted the first ever post in there ;).

yeah the cable is just sitting there and i can just plug a laptop hard drive into it then, and what speed drive would you recommend ?

i will get a small one i only want to record footie games, what size would you guys recommend ?

cheers all

also guys on another note

im a bit fooked i need to change the language from this arabic (i think) to english in the software thats on it now because i will need to change the ethernet port address because i have a diff home network setup than normal ??

any ideas what to press in the menu to get to the language section please guys

thanks alot

Try..

Menu
Left
Left
Left
OK
Down
Down
OK
Up
OK
OK

Failing that, you can flash an image with dreamup and a null modem cable, you don't need an ethernet connection for that.

cheers pal ;)much appreciated i will give it a go in a minute once the mrs leaves the tele alone lol

can you use flashwizard with the dreambox 600 because i was used to using that but dont make no odds to me what i use ;), and whats the best image the geminni or any of the cable images ???again thanks for the pointers pal ill give it a go now ;)
RegardsMickie D

You'll never go wrong with a Gemini image, they're solid.

The best way I think is to flash via the web interface but you need it on your network for that. Flashing a 600 is different to flashing a 500. I'd probably use Dreamup first then experiment with the web interface once you've got an image on that you can work with.

Check the sticky threads in the 600 room in the cable section for flashing instructions. :)

More instructions available from the dream multimedia website...

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm600/

Last edited:
You'll never go wrong with a Gemini image, they're solid.

The best way I think is to flash via the web interface but you need it on your network for that. Flashing a 600 is different to flashing a 500. I'd probably use Dreamup first then experiment with the web interface once you've got an image on that you can work with.

Check the sticky threads in the 600 room in the cable section for flashing instructions. :)

More instructions available from the dream multimedia website...

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm600/

Hi flashing by dreamup is the easiest way i think. if you click use network it will take less than two minutes to flash if you can,t use network option then i am afraid 35 minutes wait shit isn,t it***

cheers everyone for the replies and help

i have got the fooker in english thats a start lol, i will have a go at flashing it, i checked the enigma interface and there is no flash otpion i guess you need a newer firmware to have that option

dreamup wont work even though i have setup correctly all the ip's so i am not sure

will flashwizard work with the DM600, i have always used flashwizard dream up looks simple but its not having it lol and im not going to put on the serial cable for 35 mins lol well not tonight anyway lol

cheers all for the help

cheers everyone for the replies and help

i have got the fooker in english thats a start lol, i will have a go at flashing it, i checked the enigma interface and there is no flash otpion i guess you need a newer firmware to have that option

dreamup wont work even though i have setup correctly all the ip's so i am not sure

will flashwizard work with the DM600, i have always used flashwizard dream up looks simple but its not having it lol and im not going to put on the serial cable for 35 mins lol well not tonight anyway lol

cheers all for the help

Hi flashwizard dosen,t support dm600 dreamup should work download the latest dreamup only came out couple of days ago tick use network if you have the box connected to the network or try this option via webinterface again you will need network connection***

login with telnet
mount /boot -o remount,rw
rm /boot/*
reboot

Now you've got a box which won't boot anymore, so the bootloader will accept new firmware.
Only do this if you have a way to tell which IP your box got, after you reboot.
Because you won't be able to use your box again, untill you flashed an nfi, using the webinterface of the bootloader

yeah i worked that out after i posted reading a link from devilfish

thanks alot people got gemini working now to add channels and bouquets dont worry i can do this without assistance lol, but thanks again its setup and good to go

Regards
Mickie D

Back