Dm600c?

GaryM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Is the DM600C available yet? If so, any feedback on it?

I currently have a Eurovox Max 3 (2007 version) but am a little miffed at the lack of true widescreen issue. This box may get relegated to another room to make way for a 600C assuming all's well.
I've not done much reading on Dreambox's but what I have read regarding flashing doesn't sound too difficult. Its all done over network isn't it? Plug into router with straight through patch lead, assign an IP address, use routers gateway address and subnet mask and voilà - flash image?

no feed back yet, still no official release date as far as i know

some images are flashed with 9 pin serial null modem cable, or your web browser on some dreamboxes as well

Just my point of view, but I would leave the 600, alone for a while and get a 500.

The reason I say this is at present the 600 is unreleased and thus not supported, I would imagine that it will be as all the DM STBs are, but how long that will take is anyones guess. On the other hand the 500 is well supported with loads of stable images and lots of people to help and the only real difference I can see is that the 600 can have an internal HD and the 500 needs a NAS drive or a PC to record to.

That being said I do dot record to a NAS drive or PC as my 2 500s are attached to MCE, so I do not know if 500s with NAS or PC allow for trick TV such as pause, FF, Rewind, while wating a programe that is being recorded, if not that may be an advantage of the 600.

I'm sure someone else will cherp in about trick play on the 500

Some very valid points there John, ones which I'll certainly consider.
I fancied the idea of the 600 as using my PC (also MCE) to record would mean it being switch on at the time of recording though I suppose that's not such a major hassle.

What's a NAS drive?

Thanks also to Westkill.

Is the DM600C available yet? If so, any feedback on it?

I currently have a Eurovox Max 3 (2007 version) but am a little miffed at the lack of true widescreen issue. This box may get relegated to another room to make way for a 600C assuming all's well.
I've not done much reading on Dreambox's but what I have read regarding flashing doesn't sound too difficult. Its all done over network isn't it? Plug into router with straight through patch lead, assign an IP address, use routers gateway address and subnet mask and voilà - flash image?

This is the email received today, my question was, do we have a release date yet? Pretty piss poor on dream media's part.

Hello,

I didn´t know it self.
Dream Multemedia says since 3 month it comes in 2 weeks.

Yours sincerely,
DVB-Shop24 Team

Some very valid points there John, ones which I'll certainly consider.
I fancied the idea of the 600 as using my PC (also MCE) to record would mean it being switch on at the time of recording though I suppose that's not such a major hassle.

What's a NAS drive?

Thanks also to Westkill.

for cable if you want a PVR and have used MCE nothing will beat it including Tivo (and I love Tivo).

You will be really dissapointed by the 600 as it will only normally have a 24 hour EPG and at the most a 3 day one compaired to 2 weeks, no one knows about series recording 1st run etc. Its more likely to be DVR rather than a PVR.

I have probably got the letters wrong NAS as I don't have one but basically its a stand alone HD.

In the end at this point my recommenation is that if you all ready have a decent MCE PC then just buy 1 (or 2) 500s

In the end at this point my recommenation is that if you all ready have a decent MCE PC then just buy 1 (or 2) 500s

Hmmm, seems like the best idea at present though I'd like the option of recording cable channels. Currently I have a Black Gold Freeview card in my PC and can only record from that.
Can my PC be used to record from a 500 over LAN?

Hmmm, seems like the best idea at present though I'd like the option of recording cable channels. Currently I have a Black Gold Freeview card in my PC and can only record from that.

yes most certainly but it is more the 500 using the pc to record ...

yes most certainly but it is more the 500 using the pc to record ...

Yes, I asked "Can my PC be used to record from a 500 over LAN?" - used by the DM500C ;)

Many thanks to all that replied, it looks like its now a 500 :)

Unfortuantly I do not know of a way to use MCE to record over LAN, you would need to change your DVB-T card to a analogue card.

Edit

Sorry a post was put in while I was on the phone and 1/2 way though typing, you can record though LAN on the 500 but not using the MCE interface and PVR funtions. Hope that clears it up.

Last edited:
Back