Dm518

skinz

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a DM518, would I be correct to assume that I would follow the steps used for the DM500.

Thanks in advance

works the same as a dm500 and the image r the same the pli ones seem to be the one most use and seems easy to use

Have just put this image on my dad's Dm 518 500-S Neutrino (dreamplus 2.03) & works a treat with CCcam.

Hi I managed to flash my box with the Pli-Jade Image, That was easy enough. Conencted it to my already up there anolgue dish from many years back and I am picking up something. Its all foreign though.

As my dish is old, in the DM518 Menu I found a abit that said somethign like connect to 2 satelites via anologue switch. I tried that and scanned 19.e and 28.2 and did pick up channels.

I got about 135 services found at 28.2 with a signal that varied between 77 and 90 %, Thought this was a bit strange as my dish is pointing at 19.e.

I got about 265 services found at 19.e with a signal between 85 and 95%

Do I need to just move the dish to 28.2 and to be able to pick up any channels as after going though the channels I found that I was not picking up even 1 english channel. Not even the FTA ones. Whats going on here, how comes I am getting a high signal reading but not getting anything even on 19.e where its pointing correctly (are there any english channels on 19.e, I saw that the channels were doubling up as I was picking up the same channels from both sat's), There were also a load of channels with no name so maybe these are the missing channels but I was only getting blank screens on all of these

any advise greatly appreciated

Thanks

Last edited:
Your box is as confused as you are. You need to understand before you can put the details in the menu to make your box understand.
First of all, what satellite do you want? Does your dish point there? Do you have a manual switch that flicks between 2 satellite dishes? If not then remove this from the menu of your dreambox and put correct setting in -telling it what single satellite you are aiming at.
I dont think there is anything in english free-to-air on 19 degrees, but there may be a couple of odd ones like shopping/religion?

Your box is as confused as you are. You need to understand before you can put the details in the menu to make your box understand.
First of all, what satellite do you want? Does your dish point there? Do you have a manual switch that flicks between 2 satellite dishes? If not then remove this from the menu of your dreambox and put correct setting in -telling it what single satellite you are aiming at.
I dont think there is anything in english free-to-air on 19 degrees, but there may be a couple of odd ones like shopping/religion?

Thanks for your reply mate; yes you are right I am confused lol
Right so I have read somewhere that there are only about 7 free to air channels on 19.e so that seems fine. My dish is an old analogue dish pointing at 19.e and a scan does find a lot of channels and radio stations however I can not see anything, most is blank screen and no audio. Although I am clearing some random channels. So it is working
Then I tried to scan 28.2e (I know my dish is pointing the wrong way and towards 19.e) and it finds quite a lot of stuff, about 100 channels and about 135 services all together. But I can’t see anything here either; my signal is between 80 and 90 %. So was wondering if I should be getting any channels. But I don’t seem to get anything at all, not even BBC etc
Right after this I saw a setting for an old analogue dish in the dreambox menu which I tried, then while flicking through the channels I could see some channel list’s and the satellite whether 19.e or 28.2e beside, that’s how I realised a lot of stuff seems to be duplicated on both sat’s however I am not getting any channels other than then ones mentioned from the first paragraph. (Foreign news and shopping, I think I also got some French news channel that was showing some football highlights on Sunday...
I know I really need to move my dish but I cant get up there to move it, I don’t have a ladder big enough but with a signal in the 90’s I thought I should get something, but I can not even see the free channels on 28.2e, is it to do with the signal, does it have to be higher than 90%

Thanks again mates for taking time to look

Last edited:
Your dish is pointing at 19e so you cant recieve anything on 28.2e. You would have to move the dish by either getting up a ladder an moving it or use a motor like most of us who cant be bothered to get the ladders out every time we want to move the dish.

There is also a muli-arm lnb bracket/clamp but dont want to confuse you anymore

Si

Lots of frequencies are the same on both sats. The receiver thinks it is looking at 28e so see that there is a signal on that frequency and believes you. It scans & finds channels, but of course these aren't from 28e and not BBC or similar. They won't open or will show blank because they are scrambled on 19e.

You won't get any channels from 28 degrees or any other satellite if you are aimed at 19 east. Even if your box says it's got a signal from mars it's only because it's told incorrectly in it's menu :)

Me thinks the next step is to find a ladder and a sat finder

Thansk again guys, no doubt I will be back asking something else once I get these items

Back