DM500S Pli and Sky EPG

telewestTUM

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive got a DM500S and the Pli image and i was wanting at least a days worth of EPG for SKY UK

how do i go about this?

MV
DBEPG

those are the EPG i have installed i also downloaded the one which takes listings from radiotimes but i cant seemt to get MV off now!?

There is a post by techie showing how to get a weeks S*y EPG but I cannot find the link right now.

on the 500, due to memory issues, im sure techie said itd only hold a days epg

You are right digidude you won't be able to do the EPG with the Dm500 as you will run out of space. You could however try mounting a hard drive on the DM500 and you could then shift the var to the hard drive. I have mounted my DM600 hard drive on the DM500 so now I am sharing a hard drive between the two boxes.

havent been able to succesfully mount a hard drive for the dm500 yet. do you mean a software mount or is there a way of doing it by using an actual hard dirve?

I actually managed to mount a drive on my pc and EPG is stored on there. PC is always on so its fine at the moment!

really want a DM800 now though!! but not for £300+!!!

I actually managed to mount a drive on my pc and EPG is stored on there. PC is always on so its fine at the moment!

where have you seen the dm800 for £300?

i havent seen it anywhere i just said £300 cos i knew it was over that hence the +

just checked and its £360 ish!!! total rip

Planning on doing this myself for the 500s.
How exactly did u do it ?

i had a bit bother at first but just mount it as CIFS and enter ip of your pc and folder location. you also need to add a username and password on your pc if there isnt already one

1. Mount it as CIFS
2. Share the folder you want EPG stored on your PC using windows share (with RW permissions)
3. Create username and password account on pc if you dont aleady have one
4. enter IP of the PC and username and password

if it doesnt mount restart the box and pc and this should auto mount on loading

just do a google search for DM500s Mounting Hard Drive

Then you just set the SQL Lite EPG, MV to store EPG to media/hdd folder which is the pc folder

you also need to map the channels off radiotimes to the channels on your box

think thats all the things i had trouble with if yuo get stuck just drop is another message on here

Its too long winded and would be so much easier if it just worked, but oh no - it cant just work its so annoying

Back