DM500c Harddrive mod+Satelite

gersrt

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

A noobie here just had a couple of quick questions.

I just recieved my Dreambox 500c, All set up now very happy.

1. I seen a mod to add a hard drive to this somewhere on the internet, but can't find it now. Can this be done (not a network solution).

2. Is there a mod that can be done (eg. software) if you decide to use a satelite dish in the future.

Thanks for your time

the dm600 is due soon which is capable of running an 2.5" hdd internally, but ive not seen or heard of a hardware mod on an dm500 that would allow a hdd fitted. Plus there wouldnt be any support on the software side. Have you thought of purchacing one of the higher models with interchangable recievers, these machines can also record to hdd and have 2-3 feeds mixing cable / sat and terrestrial tv sigs.
From my personal experiances with network hdds they are truely excellent addon to the dm500, they can be a bit awkward to set up initally but once done ive found it much more reliable than the sky+ system (yuck), the only thing thats missing atm is live pause which im sure some bright spark will eventually develop. You dont need to plug the nas into a network either, they can just plug straight into the box with an ethernet cable and setup via the box.

the dm600 is due soon which is capable of running an 2.5" hdd internally, but ive not seen or heard of a hardware mod on an dm500 that would allow a hdd fitted. Plus there wouldnt be any support on the software side. Have you thought of purchacing one of the higher models with interchangable recievers, these machines can also record to hdd and have 2-3 feeds mixing cable / sat and terrestrial tv sigs.
From my personal experiances with network hdds they are truely excellent addon to the dm500, they can be a bit awkward to set up initally but once done ive found it much more reliable than the sky+ system (yuck), the only thing thats missing atm is live pause which im sure some bright spark will eventually develop. You dont need to plug the nas into a network either, they can just plug straight into the box with an ethernet cable and setup via the box.
I have been thinking about adding a hard drive to a 500c aswell, so is it not possible???

The 500c has no hard drive controller or USB port so no drive can be added. There's really no space to insert one inside.

I would stick with either buying a NAS device / PC shared drive or upgrade to a 7025, if you need to have the hard drive option.

Back