DM500, Switch Service could not be found

swanside

Inactive User
Reaction score
I got this message one day, so off came the top, out came the PCB and the soldering iron was heated up.

I dabbed the long strip where the tuner connects to the PCB, refitted, turned on and reset to factory. Went through the setup, and selected the sat I wanted, loaded my channels with dreambox edit, restarted the box and all came back on. After about 30 mins, a popup window came up, Switch, Service could not be found. I turned the channels over, but nothing there.

I have a feeling something is overheating and breaking down. Any ideas where I should be looking for this?
Cheers
Swanny.

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
Doesn't the message 'no switch' simply mean that you have not configured your LNB connection eg single 'direct' connection to dish, diseq 1.2 etc.

I might be wrong though.

swanside

Inactive User
Reaction score
Doesn't the message 'no switch' simply mean that you have not configured your LNB connection eg single 'direct' connection to dish, diseq 1.2 etc.

I might be wrong though.

When I get this message, if I reset the box to Factory reset, it boots up but I do not get the chance to select which diseq to use. If I then take it apart, play with the soldering iron, when I put it back together, it gives me the chance to select a diseq, at this point, I select the one I need which is No Diseq as its on a fixed dish, but then, I load my channels using dreambox edit, and it all works for about 30 mins, then up pops the message again?

TEST