dm500 and commando what next

moyes

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello,

i have had a bit of time to play with my dm500s and had succes in putting on commando 14.6 my question is what next.
anyone point to some walkthroug,though i am trying to take in as i go along,i have stuck with my sly dish for the mo as to get used to what i am supposed to be doing,

thanks again.:Biggrin2:

the help you require all depends on what you are trying to get out of your setup

i would like to look at cs route and what how i can do this.
and about plugins etc,
i am reading but i am getting up to speed slow.
but yes its all in the hobby i know!!

i would like to look at cs route and what how i can do this.
and about plugins etc,
i am reading but i am getting up to speed slow.
but yes its all in the hobby i know!!

i am now reading the :Commando 14.6 DM500 Release , regarding some probs with sealions

i think i have found cccam file and using dcc to ftp to dm500s.but nothing.i will try and read again!

Go into BLUE > Tuxbox Commander and have a careful read of the Softcam section of the /var/etc/info/General Hints and Tips.txt doc

Cheers- AL

i have read and stuck.

i followed this guidance and i think i have done the first part but deffo not sure regarding what file for the second.

The CCcam archive is composed of 2 files, a bin file and a config file. In the original RAR
archive, the authors have saved the Dreambox binary file as CCcam.ppc, whilst the config file
is the same as for any version. It is suggested to rename the binary file in CCcam as it will
help make the following Telnet procedures easier.
Copy the bin file to /var/bin and set the rights (attributes) to 755. Copy the config file to
/var/etc/

OMG... In Commando- /var/bin/emu/CCcam (no need to bother with 755, the Softcam Menu does it for you when you start the cam) and /var/etc/CCcam.cfg

Anyone got a match please? I've just bought a gallon of 2 star petrol and poured it over myself, but lack the means of igniting it...

;)

i have read and stuck.

i followed this guidance and i think i have done the first part but deffo not sure regarding what file for the second.

The CCcam archive is composed of 2 files, a bin file and a config file. In the original RAR
archive, the authors have saved the Dreambox binary file as CCcam.ppc, whilst the config file
is the same as for any version. It is suggested to rename the binary file in CCcam as it will
help make the following Telnet procedures easier.
Copy the bin file to /var/bin and set the rights (attributes) to 755. Copy the config file to
/var/etc/
just put your CCcam in to VAR/BIN/EMU and your CCcam.cfg into VAR/ETC i would use CCCam 2.1.3 for the dm500 once you have done that edit the CCCam.cfg by deleting every thing in it and then enter in your line.

a big thanks,at 46 i have to read and read then ask the kids.
ermmmmmmmmmm i did not rename the file to cccam.

i now will see about testing a line as advised above.........give me strength.
and i was going to help you pour the petrol at one point!!!
plenty more reading to go.

a big thanks,at 46 i have to read and read then ask the kids.
ermmmmmmmmmm i did not rename the file to cccam.

i now will see about testing a line as advised above.........give me strength.
and i was going to help you pour the petrol at one point!!!
plenty more reading to go.
bloody hell i am 45!!

up and running with the educational, thanks

now will look into getting my motor running.

i think this thread is now closed.

Back