DJI Mavic hack

bergen77

Reaction score
Anyone tested patching the Mavic Pro to avoid NFZ? I was not able to fly due to a cycle event several miles from my position. The problem is not really DJI, its the arranger not setting the correct no fly zone. But I am tired of this and want to disable the whole NFZ.

Can't speak for the Mavic, but I believe owners of Phantoms get around this by installing older firmware versions & not updating.

It's all got a bit of a pain. I don't think you can install older versions anymore because if it isn't up to date the DJI software won't let you fly.

Personally I use Litchi with my Mavic I find it much better than the DJI software especially when using automated flying.

When I had my Phantom 3 I did install all sorts of hacked firmware and had nothing but problems with it and almost had a fly away.

I won't risk doing the same with a bit of kit that cost me a grand.

Nice thread .. I have alway though you could not remove the NFZ. But also pitching the bird ....I dont know .. Prob got code to fly to the coders house lol ..

Litchi ? How good is this ? Is it worth the 22 pound its asking for ?

Litchi ? How good is this ? Is it worth the 22 pound its asking for ?

There are various youtube videos and other sites that have proved that the DJI software send data back to servers in China, anything that doesn't do that IMHO is worth it. Check out a video by Ken Heron.

Besides the snooping problem, Litchi did have some good features back a couple of years ago when I bought it, features that DJI have since added to their software. Not sure if you can just set waypoints and fly with the DJI software yet or you still have to actually fly to the waypoint to set them before it will actually do the automatic flight.

With Litchi you just tap on the map and tell it how high and what you want to do there when the bird gets there, take pic's or video etc.. then tap for the next waypoint and so on, all whilst the bird is on the ground, then when you say go it does everything automatically, including take off and landing.

Beyond that I can't say if it's worth it to you, but it was to me.

I also only use the DJI Assistant on my PC to upgrade firmwares, I never use the app for anything.

:eek: Updates @Captin ? I've read so many horror stories on the Pilots' forum about things going wrong after DJI's meddling, I've left mine at "if it ain't broke, why fix it". No sign-in nags, 500m altitude limit etc.
I am not an avid user so 'Go' does everything I need.

:eek: Updates @Captin ? I've read so many horror stories on the Pilots' forum about things going wrong after DJI's meddling, I've left mine at "if it ain't broke, why fix it". No sign-in nags, 500m altitude limit etc.
I am not an avid user so 'Go' does everything I need.

I know there are lots of vids on youtube with peeps bleating on about the new firmware trashing their bird. But I've had a few DJI products and I have never had any problems with upgrading the firmware, and I know plenty of peeps that have done the same.

Yes, I suppose there's a lot of 'plane crash' syndrome - for every x thousand successful updates there will be one failure, and the failures will be the ones making the most noise.
My other worry is that as my P3A is technologically speaking "ancient", DJI might do an 'Apple' on it by installing an irreversible update rendering it less functional than it was previously, in order to encourage sales of newer models. That's why my iPhone 4 is in a drawer & it's Android for me from now on.
Maybe I worry too much...

Back