DIY Sammy 2100c Jtag

jedi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Has anyone made one of these DIY Jtags for the sammy 2100 keep getting cable disconected error, using sdt and ocd....I have checked all the connections etc. and every thing is in place no shorts etc....does this diagram work is what i want to know .....thanks in advance for any info

Have you connected pin 8 to pin 15 on the parallel connetor?

edc.

Last edited:
which schematic did you use to make the jtag?

edc.

That shematic looks a bit confusing,, although it is correct. You dont need the leds or the reset circuit and a few wires that cross each other in that diagram should not connect with each other/

Have a look at schematic 2 in this file

edc.

edcase said:
That shematic looks a bit confusing,, although it is correct. You dont need the leds or the reset circuit and a few wires that cross each other in that diagram should not connect with each other/

Have a look at schematic 2 in this file

edc.
Hmmmmmm they both look similar..the one i made, i dont think has the reset circuit (pin 2) as the one you send me has (Schematic No: 1) If I cant get it to work I might have to make the more simple version (Schematic No: 2) and see if that works...The error im getting is cable disconnected???? but its not as disconected as an error 45 if you know what i mean...( I unplugg the jtag from the pc I get error 45 i connect it up again and get cable disconnected error at the bottom of SDT) what do I set the parrallel port on the pc up as ECP EPP Std????? or does this make no difference? (have tried all 3 and no joy) Im sure its just something simple.....must be LOL!!!!!!!

I think it should be EPP ...
Have you checke all of your connections with a continuity tester to make sure there are no dry joints .. also make sure that youve numbered the pins right on the parallel connector (like you havent thought pin 1 was the other side or something) ..

edc.

edcase said:
I think it should be EPP ...
Have you checke all of your connections with a continuity tester to make sure there are no dry joints .. also make sure that youve numbered the pins right on the parallel connector (like you havent thought pin 1 was the other side or something) ..

edc.
Ive been all over the circuit board numerous times...so im pretty confident that the pins and soldering are all correct. ive even tried it without the led circuits in place and still no joy.. what I did notice was when the box was in debug mode and then when I clicked connect on SDT the box switched itself off and I had to reboot it again.....I think its looking like building another simpler version and see how that goes??? maybe my 74ls244 ic if faulty??

Why not try some different software such as BKE or OCD commander..
although ive always used SDT myself...

having said that ive never jtaged a sammy, as im in a tw area .. ive only ever used my jtag on pace boxes.

Looking at the circuit diagrams they suggest the chip you should use is a 74hc244n ... however in my jtag i use a 74ls244n (i think its just a low power equivalent) - and that works fine for the pace boxes

edcase said:
Why not try some different software such as BKE or OCD commander..
although ive always used SDT myself...

having said that ive never jtaged a sammy, as im in a tw area .. ive only ever used my jtag on pace boxes.

Looking at the circuit diagrams they suggest the chip you should use is a 74hc244n ... however in my jtag i use a 74ls244n (i think its just a low power equivalent) - and that works fine for the pace boxes
Ive tried both OCD and SDT both give me the same error.....gona build another circuit I think Ive got a Ls version chip so i`ll try that and see what happens

All sorted now... I built the jtag in the doc you sent to me edcase and all is well..Thanks again for ya help...I now need to do the next steps...I have set the default frequency to 666.750 entered my pin but my net id is wrong, think it should be 41060 but it reads 09999 and I cannot change it from the engineers menu. any ideas.

Last edited:
edcase said:
Great news about the jtag jedi.

I guess the easiest way to set the netID would be the fun card method, have a look at this thread:

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61448

edc.

Ok cheers I managed to set the net id using OCD ....the box has now updated the firmware and now I have channels 1-4 but no others ( well maybe the other free ones but I aint checked) I think I have my ird as of SDT...but my BK comes up all 00000000000`s.....how do i find my bk for this box.....am i right in saying i need the right bytes for my area and box? to display it in ocd???

If the firmware has updated then the bk and ird might have moved to a new byte location ..

I dont know much about these sammys coz ive never had one .. if I find out ill let you know.

edcase

Sorted it now got a few bk`s just tried them all .....now all working.. I just need to buy a fun card for this sammy and away I go...I have the origonal nagravision NTL card that came with this box...is there any way I can use this one...I think it is locked and also what type of card is it? rom 10/rom 11 etc????

The easiest way to tell what type of card it is, and whether its locked (which I suspect it will be) would be to attempt to read it in "nagra edit" using a 3.68MHz phoenix programmer.
My guess is that the card will need to be glitched open.

Also doesnt it feel good to have built your own jtag .. much more rewarding, and cheaper (I think mine set me back less than 80p LOL)

edc.

Back