dixons 3d tv and glasses

linzi

Inactive User
Reaction score
SAMSUNG LE40C750 40" Full HD 3D Ready LCD TV
40 inch (101 cm) 16/9, "Full HD" TNT HD, 200Hz, 3D Ready, HDMI x4, USB 2.0 x2, WiFi Ready

£919

SAMSUNG SSG-2100AB 3D Active Shutter Glasses Twin Pack & Monsters vs. Aliens 3D Blu-ray Disc

£128

SAMSUNG LE46C750 46" Full HD 3D Ready LCD TV
46 inch (116 cm) 16/9, "Full HD" TNT HD, 200Hz, 3D Ready, HDMI x4, USB 2.0 x2, WiFi Ready

£1175

All that cash for very restricted 3D content!

Early adopters of any technology would be better off spending their money at the bookies or the pub.

active is the better ones not passive the passive sets seem to make you dizzy and feeling sick and not as good 3d im with sky and suppose to get the 3d channel but found out i have to subscribe to every single channel to get it which is a bit pathetic as i dont like sport

active is the better ones not passive the passive sets seem to make you dizzy and feeling sick and not as good 3d im with sky and suppose to get the 3d channel but found out i have to subscribe to every single channel to get it which is a bit pathetic as i dont like sport

Personal preference to passive rather than active , done a lot of reading up on the subject and plasma still has the edge on lcd or led when it comes to 3d tv sets , thanks for the heads up on the sky deal as i dont have the sports either what a con .

Personal preference to passive rather than active , done a lot of reading up on the subject and plasma still has the edge on lcd or led when it comes to 3d tv sets , thanks for the heads up on the sky deal as i dont have the sports either what a con .

I gotta disagree. I went into bestbuy at Lakeside and checked out 4 different 3d tv's.

1. Samsung LCD
2. LG LCD (I think)
3. Sony LED
4. Panasonic plasma

Some were passive some active. I am a true fan of Plasma and have little to no time for LCD and was yet to see a LED that excited me but after this demo I was suprised to say that the Sony LED tv won hands down.

That said I would advise anyone to wait a year for the prices to come down and the technology to be improved which inevitably always happens.

SAMSUNG LE40C750 40" Full HD 3D Ready LCD TV
40 inch (101 cm) 16/9, "Full HD" TNT HD, 200Hz, 3D Ready, HDMI x4, USB 2.0 x2, WiFi Ready

£919

Hi All,

You could get it for £873.05 if you use this

5% off on all TVs over £799

Code: FIVETV

Expiry Date: 14 Jun 2010 22:59

Update

SAMSUNG SSG-2100AB 3D Active Shutter Glasses Twin Pack & Monsters vs. Aliens 3D Blu-ray Disc

£128

Hi All,

There a bit cheaper now Emailed them earlier with a link to Amazon so they have now price matched with them.

Not sure if I should go for these or not as me and 3D don't get on....PMSL

Last edited:
passive has to do with the way the piece of equipment deals with the Hz the higher the Hz spec the better, thats what makes the 3D by switchinging between the waves, correct me if I'm wrong!

Last edited:
pasive uses vertical and horizontal lines in the tv and on the the lenses in the glasses are angled in each lense to see this when i watched through passiveit gave me a headake i much prefer active which uses shutter lenses that flicker

There are couple of disadvantages of passive system,
- it cannot manage 1080p (should not be too much of an issue watching broadcast 3D which I believe is going to be at 720)
- the image is slightly darkened by the polarised glasses
- your head has to be vertical (you can't watch passive 3D lying down)
- you have to be pretty much in front of the screen.

Plus points are mainly around cost
- Glasses are virtually throwaway prices and lighter
- Works with standard blu-ray player

Cant believe all the interest in 3D TV will be an expensive project and to think everyone will need at least 6 pair of glasses for a family of 4 and visitors to watch it.
Some people can't see 3D so waste of time for them.

Think I'll be sticking to LCD for the time being.

Cant believe all the interest in 3D TV will be an expensive project and to think everyone will need at least 6 pair of glasses for a family of 4 and visitors to watch it.
Some people can't see 3D so waste of time for them.

Think I'll be sticking to LCD for the time being.

I know what you are trying to say but LCD has nothing to do with 3D. There are 3D LCD (mainly LED) and plasma sets.

Back