Divorce advice

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys - anyone done a divorce online ? im assuming both partners agree to go their seperate ways..what company didyou use and how much did it cost ?..my marriage might be coming to an end after 20 plus years..seems we cant get on with each other so best thing is to divorce...any advice ? how will it affect my wages as im working and im on a married tax code..would i get less money then what i get a week now ?. my kids are older so no maintanace involved..please advise ? thanks

Sorry to hear this Johnny Bravo. , Cant help with online divorces but I personally wouldnt be doing that if theres a house involed or cash. my mate is going through same thing, Kids older, but there are assets, inc house, cash in bank endowments , pensions etc all need taking into consideration, My Mate and his ex went to mediation (not to get back together) but to sit down with someone and agree what each party would take form the partnership. It made it alot cheaper for the divorce as it meant far far fewer letters from solicitors and intervention from them. They agreed that they kept the own pensions but as his was greater than hers she got a larger share of the house sale. Split the cash down the middle also split 50% everything else. By going to mediation it also is going through without hitch and alot quicker . no attending court etc

yes a house is involved , she has agreed to give me half the value of the house, dont know where she will get the money from because she is not working. the house is in joint names, ie deed. she doesnt work only i do so i keep my pension. i dont have much savings and for me to buy a flat or house i will needing some initial money as a deposit or down payment of X amount ...

50/50 is the norm in these cases
wife gets half the pension house and everything
but the courts do now make you both go to mediation ( which costs surprise surprise )to see is marriage can be saved
brought in a few years ago

Johnny be very careful re pension Bud, Ive seen the wife get half the husband's pensions before, more so if they wasnt working as it could be said they couldnt work looking after kids or the home while husband worked.
mate unless she agrees other wise she will get half the pension . to fight it costs more than most are worth my ex son in laws father and mother fought over his pension for near 6 years only for her to walk away with it anyway .

Hi guys , just an update, after months of trying to resolve the marriage, we have both decided to go for a divorce, we both have agreed on terms and conditions, we both agree to go ahead , no drama, just straight forward...so i registered on the uk,gov site for online divorce..filled in the form but cant find my marraige certificate, ordered a repalcement so i can upload a copy to them. anyway the fee is £550 is that all i have to pay, i cant see any other charges on the uk governement website, do ihave to pay for other stuff like obtaining decree nisi, decree absoluet etc...just trying to figure if its gonna cost me more money, im not that rich lol..bottom line is she is happy and im happy to go ahead with it as well..

I'd still write up some documentation that says what you've agreed too and both date and sign it in front of an independent witness.

I hope it all works for you both...Good luck

Thanks guys...seems the only way, will keep you posted on events..

it is sad but what will be will be
just hope your both doing the right thing
most of all i hope your both happy and will be

Good Luck Johnny hope the divorce goes smoothly

Hi guys..well I've applied for a decree nisi, however I'm.having second thoughts now , from What i understand thst this decree nisi is just the conditions that mean I can divorce. A decree absolute will dissolve the marriage..can I cancel the divorce procedure.?, I'm assuming I've lost my fee if I do..my missus and I are having second thoughts..

Back