DiTV 2000 Advice needed

jedi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi I am pretty new to this forum so please bare with me..... I have had a DiTV-2000 box for around 2 years now ......with what I belive is a fun card in it (AT90(P1).....this box has not been used for around a year now as the channels kept going off every month or so..I have what I belive to be the box and ird codes one is written (the long one) on the bottom of the box itself and the other an 8 digit one on the card...The guy who was updating the card for me is no longer around.... As far as i can see from this forum and what was done before i just need the card reprogramming........Now I was told that NTL have sent some code down the lines to lock/wipe/corrupt the fun card so they are no longer usuably? whether this is true or not i dont know.....Can any one tell me the best way to get this box up and running again....I presume I need a programmer for a start........ which will be the best one?....I would be quite interested in a programmer that will do most cards on the market if possible (the infinity unlimited I guess is the dogs balls but I`m not sure).. and am i right in saying I need the image file for the card?...........any help will be truley apreciated........also with this box not being used for around a year is there anything I should look out for, when connecting it up again.

Jedi the big number your talking about thats on the bottom off the box if its printed on the label its not the bk u need!
I use the infinity unlim programmer it is a good programmer and will do MOST cards and would meet your requirements, as u still have the funcard the bk will be on it.

Get the programmer install and read and save the flash file fron the funcard there is a tut in the download section READING YOUR FUNCARD.
Download FUN FILE VIEWER and or toxic 7 and open the saved file in one of these, this will give you your ird and bk you need for programming your card again.

Funfile viewer and toxic are also available in the download section!!!!
If it is not the right bk then you have one of the worst boxes to do it aint for the faint hearted. But there are tuts for doing all this available. If you need any help let me know ill do my best to help.

Hope this is of some help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks maggooo the long number on the bottom of the box is written in marker pen 16 digit number starting 8E 32 23 etc. im sure its all correct as no one has messed about with it since it last got knocked off. I just need to sort the card out i think...O and buy myself a programmer so you would recommend the infinity unlimited???? and wheres the cheapest palce to buy one from

Last edited:
No problem jedi i got my infinity from ebay if i remember rightly it was around the fifty pound mark well worth it tho bud

Just bought one off there for £35.95 +£ 5.95 P&P and a bit less with the paypal coupons I found in the Vouchers section of this site.....Thanks again, this is one of the most helpful forums I have ever been on.... can`t wait for it to arrive.!!!!

If this box hasn't been used for a year it may well have the anti update mod done, which you will need to remove. take the lid off and look for a single wire soldered to two chips on the board. One end normally bridges two pins on the chip it's soldered to - you'll need to remove this for the box to take the latest firmware. Also the box will need to be correct for your region (they used to work out of region but this is no longer necessarily true) - i.e. if it's a 2000T it will work in telewest areas, if it's a 2000N it will work in NTL (exC&W) areas.

bammy said:
If this box hasn't been used for a year it may well have the anti update mod done, which you will need to remove. take the lid off and look for a single wire soldered to two chips on the board. One end normally bridges two pins on the chip it's soldered to - you'll need to remove this for the box to take the latest firmware. Also the box will need to be correct for your region (they used to work out of region but this is no longer necessarily true) - i.e. if it's a 2000T it will work in telewest areas, if it's a 2000N it will work in NTL (exC&W) areas.

You mean these 2 wires (see pic attatched) ,also when you say firmware do you mean the CR1 CR2 CR3 diffrent coloured front end. I currently have CR1. The model on the box just says DiTV-2000.

that's not the common way of doing the mod but those will be the wires to remove. just disconnect them at the battery end first and tape them off, connect the box up and check it takes the update to CR3.2. If all is well you can then remove the wires entirely.

can I check whether it update`s now or should I wait until my card writer comes and sort the card out first. also why is it nessesary to update the firmware??

Ok the box is up and running again:BLOBBY: ....but im a bit dubious about doing the firmware upgrade to Cr 3.2 (removing the anti update mod).....I was told that the new firmware would not allow me to view ptv channels.....and also that ntl are sending code down the line to erase the fun card ......is this true or not? any views will be very welcome.

@jedi
You will need to undo the anti update modification otherwise when your area moves to VOD then your box could get stuck in a loop, or screw up the update process. When VOD hits your area you will not get PPV anyway.

some one correct me if i'm wrong but I think the bottom line is that you will need to undo the anti-update mod.

When will VOD be rolled out in the ex c&w area.. and also if i try and update the firmware now what problems am i likly to encounter.....will i lose the PPV with the new firmware update.....does this update need to be done now before the VOD rollout......sorry if i sound a bit thick but this is all new to me. ;-)

take the wire off mate...you get ppv with every card on c&w 3.2 software even a funcard...............

so what do i do just pull the wire off and let it do its thing? why was it put on there in the 1st place....just curious

Took off the wire but the box dont seem to do any thing? is this normal? can I force the update in any way? also ive not had ppv for the last 2 days I can book the programms but when I confirm booking and the movie should show I get a black screen and music playing in the back ground....I am using a AU fun card any ideas?

Last edited:
Back