disk spinny bit

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
does anyone know where i can get the motor bit that spins the disk

my hitatchi drive has played up so i opened it up and found that the magnet has come out of the middle section so i am looking for a spares place that can will sell the disk spinny motor for a hitatchi drive

i had exactly the same problem..
.. i just used some superglue .. n pushed it back in, hasnt given me a problem since

:blushing::blushing: tryed that and ended up with super glue all over the spinner and almost wasted my disk

does anyone have a scrapped hitachi drive they are willing to sell me this part out of

You could try picking up a dead hitachi drive from fleeBay on the cheap mate

yeh yet again i had a look but none available but still looking would rather not buy a new drive for the sake of a spinny bit

sorry if i did not mention, but i did leave the thing alone for around a day to dry out, so it did not go all over the place, .. did not work very well when i did that first .. but then put a bit of extra glue in, and let it dry .. and its been running fine for over a few months now .

You know how we all have mates that say "Oh i had one of those but threw it in the bin last week', well, guess what, I had an entire Hitachi drive and I fooked the thing in the bin LAST WEEK!

PCB was fooked but motor and laser were in excellent condition.

It lay in my cupboard for about 2 years.

Sorry mate.

thanks anyway witchy its always the case lol this is why the father in law says i should become a horder lol

Back