Disk Management

Tamarc

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys looking for advice on some partition/deletion/expantion etc etc..lol
Just an issue that I cannot let go..lol.
Upon adding ssd to an ailing system, original hdd has been left with a few OEM/System/Recovery partitions
Having tried my little heart out in "Disk Management" im knowhere near being able to delete these partitions..Is there a way to do it..?
If I need 3rd party software to do it,would welcome advise as to what would work.Thanks for reading .eagerly awaiting ..lol

I personally like to use Parted Magic. It's a bootable cd-rom which contains programs for deleting partitions or entire drives, as well as then creating partitions and formatting the drives if necessary. Just download iso, write image onto cd-rom then boot from cd-rom not OS.

Can be downloaded from here Suprafiles.org Click on the small "free download" rectangle first then prove to them your not a robot and create your download link, it appears in very small writing afterwards.

A word of caution, before you attempt to obliterate your old drive it may be wise to disconnect your new ssd first as if you accidentally select it and carry out a drive wipe of some sort then you have lost the data for good. Don't make the same mistake I done many moons ago. Needless to say I've only made the mistake once :)

I always use the built in utility Diskpart. Once you understand the commands it takes no time at all and saves you installing a program that you very rarely use.

@chookey spent an age using diskpart to no avail,it wont let me delete any partitions with system files or recovery/oem stuff

@chookey spent an age using diskpart to no avail,it wont let me delete any partitions with system files or recovery/oem stuff

They are probably protected partitions, download and boot a Live Linux to do it.

Search for instructions beforehand :).

Build-in Windows partition manager will do.
If you prefer bootable solution my recommendation would be MiniTool PartitionWizard (you can find it in Hirens BootCD)

Back