DiSEqC splitter

spellman73

Inactive User
Reaction score
My DiSEqC 4-way splitter has five connectors.

NLBs 1-4 and 1 x receiver.

I actually want to connect two receivers to a single NLB so can I just reverse the connections? i.e. connect the two receivers to the ports labelled NLB1 & 2 and the NLB to the port labelled receiver?

Not sure how sophisticated these are internally as to whether it would mess up the electronics.

Cheers

Neil

you need a manual A-B switch or a global smart priority switch m8, this will either allow you to choose which one of the 2 receivers is connected to the dish, or an electronic one that senses which receiver was turned on last and gives this control of the dish

Ah OK - I've not seen any of what you describe listed in the couple of online stores I've visited - do you have any links?

Would an alternative to a splitter be to use a Twin NLB? Although guess this doesn't really solve the problem of which receiver controls the motor though!

Cheers

Neil

with multi LNB could u not just turn the motor controll off on the box you dont want moving the dish.

That is one option I guess, but then I've got to go upstairs to set the dish back to the satellite for the downstairs box - ideally both receivers should be able to control the motor.

This is what I'm trying to achieve:

My upstairs box is for my in-laws who will be watching Romanian channels from Eutelsat W2 at 16.0°E and my downstairs box is mainly for Freeview HD channels.

Obviously with a single NLB setup we can't use both receivers at the same time but that's not a problem.

I'm guessing I could mount two NLBs on the arm so I can receive signals from both Freeview and Eutelsat on both boxes simultaneously (not sure where the Freesat satellite is - I'm guessing both sats have to be within a few (6?) degrees of each other for that to work)

Cheers

Neil

you could have an 80cm dish alaigned to eurosat for the romanian channels, then a 2nd lnb on the dish as well alaigned to astra 2 for freesat, you could then use both receivers independantly of each other at the same time

you could have an 80cm dish alaigned to eurosat for the romanian channels, then a 2nd lnb on the dish as well alaigned to astra 2 for freesat, you could then use both receivers independantly of each other at the same time

I have an 80cm dish so looking good there.

Is it possible to receive from 16E and 28E at the same time without moving the dish?

Cheers

Neil

Last edited:
Back