DiSEqC splitter

spellman73

Inactive User
Reaction score
My DiSEqC 4-way splitter has five connectors.

NLBs 1-4 and 1 x receiver.

I actually want to connect two receivers to a single NLB so can I just reverse the connections? i.e. connect the two receivers to the ports labelled NLB1 & 2 and the NLB to the port labelled receiver?

Not sure how sophisticated these are internally as to whether it would mess up the electronics.

Cheers

Neil

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
you need a manual A-B switch or a global smart priority switch m8, this will either allow you to choose which one of the 2 receivers is connected to the dish, or an electronic one that senses which receiver was turned on last and gives this control of the dish

spellman73

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ah OK - I've not seen any of what you describe listed in the couple of online stores I've visited - do you have any links?

Would an alternative to a splitter be to use a Twin NLB? Although guess this doesn't really solve the problem of which receiver controls the motor though!

Cheers

Neil

spellman73

Inactive User
Reaction score
with multi LNB could u not just turn the motor controll off on the box you dont want moving the dish.

That is one option I guess, but then I've got to go upstairs to set the dish back to the satellite for the downstairs box - ideally both receivers should be able to control the motor.

This is what I'm trying to achieve:

My upstairs box is for my in-laws who will be watching Romanian channels from Eutelsat W2 at 16.0°E and my downstairs box is mainly for Freeview HD channels.

Obviously with a single NLB setup we can't use both receivers at the same time but that's not a problem.

I'm guessing I could mount two NLBs on the arm so I can receive signals from both Freeview and Eutelsat on both boxes simultaneously (not sure where the Freesat satellite is - I'm guessing both sats have to be within a few (6?) degrees of each other for that to work)

Cheers

Neil

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
you could have an 80cm dish alaigned to eurosat for the romanian channels, then a 2nd lnb on the dish as well alaigned to astra 2 for freesat, you could then use both receivers independantly of each other at the same time

spellman73

Inactive User
Reaction score
you could have an 80cm dish alaigned to eurosat for the romanian channels, then a 2nd lnb on the dish as well alaigned to astra 2 for freesat, you could then use both receivers independantly of each other at the same time

I have an 80cm dish so looking good there.

Is it possible to receive from 16E and 28E at the same time without moving the dish?

Cheers

Neil

Last edited:
TEST