disc tray sticking and ejects a couple of times before reading?

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
guys

has anyone got a fix for this problem.

when i try to eject my disc tray it sticks and wont let it eject then after some fiddling when i do get it out the disc takes a few times to lock on and read spitting the tray out a few times?

it is really annoying me now i have opened it several times to look at whats casing it and cleaning it etc but its still the same.
i even took the bezel off the front to see if it was this but no joy :)

please help!!!!!!!

is it a sammy drive ?

i have found a new drive belt helps this £3.50 from maplins i normally put on the 19mm one as it keeps it all tight without straining the motor also get some grease or oil on the cogs etc this normally stops a sticky drive

is it a sammy drive ?

i have found a new drive belt helps this £3.50 from maplins i normally put on the 19mm one as it keeps it all tight without straining the motor also get some grease or oil on the cogs etc this normally stops a sticky drive

is this hard to do? meaning taking the drive belt off? thanks

just took the belt off mate it is easy so ill order one and see what happens.

what could be causing it to eject before reading the discs does anyone know?

Same problem here but I fixed it by stripping the case off and rebulding it, I think my problem may have been down to poor reassembly.

from what i can gather it is the little buttons at the bottom if you take the little board beside the eject motor off you will see too little buttons if the tray jams or the belt ain't strong enough then it will re open as it either croses the open and close buttons but don't quote me on it there is also a rubber band trick which you place at the end of the 2 little metal rods

Same problem here but I fixed it by stripping the case off and rebulding it, I think my problem may have been down to poor reassembly.

my case seems fine tho mate u mean the drive housing?

from what i can gather it is the little buttons at the bottom if you take the little board beside the eject motor off you will see too little buttons if the tray jams or the belt ain't strong enough then it will re open as it either croses the open and close buttons but don't quote me on it there is also a rubber band trick which you place at the end of the 2 little metal rods

i will take a look what do u mean by rubber band trick

my case seems fine tho mate u mean the drive housing?

The outershell of the 360 mate, mine also looked perfect.

Maybe it was just a coincidence that it worked after I had rebuilt it.

have a look here mate

hxxp://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=31848

is it a sammy drive ?

are the any other places to get these drive belts from cheaper guys?

That rubber band trick maxconsole link is for 'open tray' error, nothing to do with the tray ejecting.

melttc, you could have a look round your house for a small rubber band, to fit over the pulleys, it may work temporary.

On my old xbox-1 which had the same problem a few years a go, i used a rubber glove from the kitchen to fix it, i cut a very small circular piece from the tip of a finger and put it over the larger pulley to act as a grip for the drive belt.. it's still ejecting fine today.

Last edited:
That rubber band trick maxconsole link is for 'open tray' error, nothing to do with the tray ejecting.

melttc, you could have a look round your house for a small rubber band, to fit over the pulleys, it may work temporary.

On my old xbox-1 which had the same problem a few years a go, i used a rubber glove from the kitchen to fix it, i cut a very small circular piece from the tip of a finger and put it over the larger pulley to act as a grip for the drive belt.. it's still ejecting fine today.

lol thanks mate i will hold fire until i can find a band about 19mm like suggested above. other places must sell these apart from maplins

get some o-rings from the hardware shop,that`s what i use,can`t remember the size though.

Back