disable sleeptimer?

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
is there anything inside image flash that i can disable sleeptimer i know that 000 on the remote should do it but it just keeps coming back or is there anywhere inside programme that i can disable it?

notanotherone said:
is there anything inside image flash that i can disable sleeptimer i know that 000 on the remote should do it but it just keeps coming back or is there anywhere inside programme that i can disable it?

Hi mate,

when you set it to 000 do you remember to save settings ?

de_deej

yes m8 i do but when i ok into it after its went back to what ever time was there what i mean say i look at it and it say 234mins left i reset to 000 then save settings when i check it again it will say 233mins left

notanotherone said:
yes m8 i do but when i ok into it after its went back to what ever time was there what i mean say i look at it and it say 234mins left i reset to 000 then save settings when i check it again it will say 233mins left

hi m8

then for some reason its not saving

set it up again give it a shorter time not 000 and try and save it then go back and see if the other time has saved

if it didnt try reflashing with the same image and try again

but it might be in the flash

check it out first though

cheers

hi gav i reflashed it with de deej one and its not doing it its reset to 000 and its staying there no problem what ill do is when i get home as i am work the now i will try this one thats just been posted (you know me ill try anything)and well see what it does with that

gav this problem could not be related to the ucodes or anything silly? been reading up and it might something silly that i cant figure out (you know me)

i have left it on and my lcd dont shutdown at all so i dont understand it at all or what it can be

so im going to check out the files and see whats going on

will post when i have some sort of success

cheers

ok i just sorted it out people yea

ok extract this file and overwrite it here /var/tuxbox/config/

then shut down then turn back on and check out the dim timers then and report back please

cheers

FTP'd onto DBox and copied the neutrino.conf file into the relevant directory over the old one. Shutdown the DBOX and restarted. I still however have the problem with the Sleeptimer. 000 does nothing, Tried blank characters as well. Put 999 and timer happily sits there ticking down. Tried changing the following settings in Neutino.conf to no avail:
shutdown_count=0
shutdown_real=true
shutdown_real_rcdelay=true
Does anyone have any ideas where the sleeptimer setting is stored or could it be that I have another corrupt image?

padda what image are you using?as you can read i had the same problem it worked for me mate the the other thing was i put de deej image on one of my boxes and that worked as well

The image I am using is the Cryo_Sportster_Pro_1.02_Ultra_1.4b_latest. Proper weird. If I put 000 in the timer and then go back in and have a look at what it is set to I get a random number..... Strange one m8!

thats what i was getinng too if you set it and 999 and go back in it is ticking down but as i said i put de deej on and it stopped also gavs trick worked with my other box weird init?

Padda said:
FTP'd onto DBox and copied the neutrino.conf file into the relevant directory over the old one. Shutdown the DBOX and restarted. I still however have the problem with the Sleeptimer. 000 does nothing, Tried blank characters as well. Put 999 and timer happily sits there ticking down. Tried changing the following settings in Neutino.conf to no avail:
shutdown_count=0
shutdown_real=true
shutdown_real_rcdelay=true
Does anyone have any ideas where the sleeptimer setting is stored or could it be that I have another corrupt image?

you need to not change anything m8

put that file back overwrite it and then shutdown then turn on its fixed m8 dont start messing with it as notanotherone and myself have done it and works just leave it set like that as that is switched to off now

cheers

gav12345 said:
you need to not change anything m8

put that file back overwrite it and then shutdown then turn on its fixed m8 dont start messing with it as notanotherone and myself have done it and works just leave it set like that as that is switched to off now

cheers
Gav m8, are you saying not to look at the SleepTimer setting after copying the file across onto the DBOX, shutting down and switching back on? I ask this cos I have tried copying the file 3 times and rebooting to no avail. Tried FTP within IE6. Tried FTP from a DOS prompt using PUT. Still can't disable the timer...

Padda said:
Gav m8, are you saying not to look at the SleepTimer setting after copying the file across onto the DBOX, shutting down and switching back on? I ask this cos I have tried copying the file 3 times and rebooting to no avail. Tried FTP within IE6. Tried FTP from a DOS prompt using PUT. Still can't disable the timer...

ok so are you saying that you transfer the file and reboot and then the numbers are still the exact same as before m8

is that what you are saying please tell me as if it is then

the file is not writing to where your putting it as this file changes it to nil and nil

is that what your getting

Yes thats right. When I look at the timer its still the same as before.

Just noticed that my recording server settings are still what I had set them too and the file copy should have changed them back to 10.10.10.10....

I'm starting to think that the file is not copuing onto the dbox properly within the tuxbox\config directory.

Padda said:
Yes thats right. When I look at the timer its still the same as before.

Just noticed that my recording server settings are still what I had set them too and the file copy should have changed them back to 10.10.10.10....

I'm starting to think that the file is not copuing onto the dbox properly within the tuxbox\config directory.

then delette the file m8 and see if that works if it does then transfer the file over m8

try it that way

cheers

Made sure thyat the file copied. On reboot loads of settings changed, even the theme colours.
Still have sleeptimer issue though. Cheers for your help anyway superstar. Looks like entering 999 twice a day for me. Ha

Last edited:
Back