Direct recording issues using dw 1.6

blinky3i

Inactive User
Reaction score
Great image so far very stable, i have managed to setup direct recording over my wireless network (54mbps) with the aide of the tuts on here no problem, my problem is that it it records in bursts rather than constant, i can tell this from my wireless adpater connected to the dreambox, the network lights flicker for a few seconds then stop then start over, it reflects this in the playback although constant in direct playback i get seconds of the programme i record missing. Do i need to change any parameters to lower the quality of recording, will this help?.
Hope you guy's understand what i mean
Thanks

I had the same issue when trying to record to my PC (Vista Ultimate), bought a NAS drive and stuck a 400gb drive in and it works perfectly now !

Can you recomend a nas drive, which one are you using?, i have a spare 80gb ide knocking around somewhere!

I got my NAS drive from Maplins, cannot remember the make/model at the moment but it was quite cheap about £50.

Try connecting you dm direct to a your PC with a network cable, I also had stop start issues over wireless but was perfect when I connected directly to my pc wirh a cable.

Frenchman

for that im going to need a long cable!!, main pc is upstairs, in retrospect i think the nas option is the best soloution closely followed by the network cable to pc if your computers in reasonable reach.
thanks for your input guys

Back