Digivox...New Firmware...OUT SOON!!!

black_arab

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all just testing out the new firmware for the Digivox. It is a beta but at first glance it looks excellent.

...1 New autoroll software added. It took only 10 seconds to update.

...2 The programme numbers are as a Eurovox, Starview i:e BBC One 0001, BBC Two 0002, ITV 0003 etc. (I hated those old numbers 2501 etc)

...3 Never really looked at The EPG before but it looks very good and the programme info is good too.

There is probably plenty more but I thought I would let you know it is coming very soon.

Here you go. Working brilliantly for me but remember it is only beta so use at your won risk.

Nice job mate, I only just bought one of these last week

(pile of shit if u ask me, but it gives my uncle free TV so it's all good i suppose)
:)

Anyone know if this box gives full epg with the new firmware? The last time I checked it was only giving epg on a few channels.

Anyone know if this box gives full epg with the new firmware? The last time I checked it was only giving epg on a few channels.

I think EPG issue is area dependant. I know someone whose EPG is as good as on subbed boxes and someone else whose EPG is bit of a hit and miss.

Anyone tested this firmware yet ?

False Economy?

Them that buys cheap buys dear....

Pay the extra £20 or so for a fully supported box and you'll never be waiting this long for a 'beta post looks good so far' ...

DBOX/Dreambox/DVB500 - never went down.

Replay Lite went down for 8 working days.

MAX never went down but had the additional coding thrown in for free to cover this problem.

What's it worth in terms of hassle, missed progs and grief from pals who all thought saving a few beer vouchers was a good 'long term plan'....

The reason the supported boxes is - eh - well, cos they pay developers to 'support the boxes'.

Joking apart - look at the number of Digivox/Starview problem threads - with hindsight I'd have paid the extra for no loss of service. Even the Lite was up and auto updating in a week ;)

Just my tuppence worth - but it's a no brainer to buy a box with support versus one which has all technical backing of a brickie/welder and/or other quick profit merchant who frankly doesn't give a monkeys as soon as they've banked your money...

There's probably a few sellers that are only buying these units for a fast buck and have neither the intention of either understanding (far less supporting) some of the newer units ;)

Last edited:
Wtf are you talking about?

This is just an optional update - theres nothing wrong with the current one - this is just different.

ye im with ace on this one bit of a random outburst £20 for what? Or do you mean clones ?

@ black_arab I have been using this new software since it was released and have found a few channels such as SD1 give (bad or scrambled channel) just like the first update after the 15/06 when will the full release be out and will it address this problem

edogg

ive installed this new update...and all seems fine.

digivox is a ok starters box..im just in the middle of updating to a dreambox.

but this new image is stable....and dont seem to be much changed...epg good for a couple of hours ahead on most channels ...others do all day :S

Rant

That's quite a rant ensoniq. I see you have gone to alot of trouble to paste it on a few forums.

This update was released as an improvement. It wasn't a necessary fix, that shows to me that it is well supported. The digivox has only been knocked off once and a fix was out in 4 days.

Apologies to those who took my post as some kind of diatribe - it was more to do with the varied support on the DV.

I've got one - and the EPG is so poor it's awful. To be fair though the Replay Lite EPG is (about half) as poor in my area.

The DV is an average box - but the user interface is weak, the 5 channel favourites is lacking (when a bit of C+ coding could easily fix this) and the lack of a UK plug is IMHO just sloppy.

A couple of solid hours effort could make this a nicer box - is what I was meaning to get across!

:Cheers:

Last edited:
Apologies to those who took my post as some kind of diatribe - it was more to do with the varied support on the DV.

I've got one - and the EPG is so poor it's awful. To be fair though the Replay Lite EPG is (about half) as poor in my area.

The DV is an average box - but the user interface is weak, the 5 channel favourites is lacking (when a bit of C+ coding could easily fix this) and the lack of a UK plug is IMHO just sloppy.

A couple of solid hours effort could make this a nicer box - is what I was meaning to get across!

:Cheers:

I had one of these got one to try out then sold it i thought it was a ok box better than starview and replay lite and eurovox as in my area the epg was spot on and i got a uk plug ataptor with mine.it could do with more fav folders.

@ black_arab I have been using this new software since it was released and have found a few channels such as SD1 give (bad or scrambled channel) just like the first update after the 15/06 when will the full release be out and will it address this problem

edogg

hello mate I don't know if you have sorted your problem but I had the same with SD1. All I did was delete the one channel and do a manual scan (using SD1 freq) and it came back....no problems since.

A new image is on its way again it seems. Must be all the excitement with the arnet box keeping the pressure up.

hello mate I don't know if you have sorted your problem but I had the same with SD1. All I did was delete the one channel and do a manual scan (using SD1 freq) and it came back....no problems since.

No it still does this and now im getting it on bbc and itv in fact any channel can suddenly give the error lozenge ( bad or scrambled channel)

edogg

ps i just seen the post below yours about a new version perhaps this will cure it

No it still does this and now im getting it on bbc and itv in fact any channel can suddenly give the error lozenge ( bad or scrambled channel)

edogg

ps i just seen the post below yours about a new version perhaps this will cure it

Yes I heard there was another update on the way. It's just NTL at the moment though and soon as I hear more I will let you know.

Back