DigitalWorldz VU+ Duo Image

I agree with digi247 why not just make a full backup of your existing setup so you can if you wish go back to it. There really is no excuse for people not to experiment with new images now when making a fully functioning backup only takes a couple of minutes.

Fair point digi/pheonix. Working for next couple of days. Will try on Thurs...

i have a few different backups, my main one that i always use is vix2.0, as i dont like all the bells and whistles in the newer images, but its only the last few months ive actually found this feature myself to be very handy.

i leave the backup itself on the usb stick thats always in the back of my duo, then i flash with anything and everything, ive even flashed with faulty images (while testing things) that have left the box unuseable. if i get to this state, i have my backup ready, and just reflash from usb, back up and running, from a total brick, in about 5 mins.

if i try an image out, and dont like it, i simply FTP into the receiver, navigate to the usb in the back, get my backup, and flash again

has anyone else using this image been having crashes when recording? A few times on mine now I've been recording 1 prog, switching channels etc or looking at epg and boom, no green screen of death, just the DW loading image and the box restarts.

Was wondering if there was going to be a DW image for Solo box as well please?

Thanks

This image just saved my arse,
i was running vix 2.4 on the duo clone hit the update button and box was stuck on starting,
then tried flashing again but after flashing same thing stuck on starting then flashed the kernel and accidentally pulled the power socket,
reflashed kernel,
joined this forum to flash this image and it installed straight away, just on time for the 100m.....

now just need a nice channel list to install

This image just saved my arse,
i was running vix 2.4 on the duo clone hit the update button and box was stuck on starting,
then tried flashing again but after flashing same thing stuck on starting then flashed the kernel and accidentally pulled the power socket,
reflashed kernel,
joined this forum to flash this image and it installed straight away, just on time for the 100m.....

now just need a nice channel list to install

Rats channel list updater plugin should already be installed with this image mate, go into plugins and run it :)

Sent from my telephone.

Rats channel list updater plugin should already be installed with this image mate, go into plugins and run it :)

Sent from my telephone.

LOL, didn't even notice the plugin pushed the files over manual,

Any issues with using crossepg with this image???
One thing I have notice is when you forward a live pause program it doesn't forward at full speed compared to a already recorded program

Just giving this image a try, looks quite good, cant get cccaminfo working on it though - some kind of dependency error shows up while installing.

according to post #1 cccam is installed already mate :)

sorry mate I mis read :)

what dependency error is it throwing out m8,you might be able to install it separately

Collected errors:
* Satisfy dependencies for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-cccaminfo:
* twisted-web *

Collected errors:
* Satisfy dependencies for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for enigma2-plugin-extensions-cccaminfo:
* twisted-web *

Two options to try,telnet into your box and try the following

1. ipkg update && ipkg install twisted-web

or

2. ipkg install -nodeps *.ipk

For number 2 replace the * with the name of the .ipk

Two options to try,telnet into your box and try the following

1. ipkg update && ipkg install twisted-web

or

2. ipkg install -nodeps *.ipk

For number 2 replace the * with the name of the .ipk

Just done that and just errors