DigitalWorldz VU+ Duo Image

a nice clean image, ive been trying it out for a while :)

Trying it now added crossepg as its what im used to seems to be ok so far more addons than i wanted so removed some
edogg

Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk

thanks will give this a go at some point!

I'll give this a go as well as soon as i can get the mrs away from the box lol.
Thanks for the image guys

Oh wow this came out the blue... Might test tonight.

I couldn't get on with the way the epg works having to press red to zap and exit to get out of the epg is a pain and i couldn't get CCcaminfo to install to check the connection state ect
It seemed to be stable and i did not have the usb unmounting that the vix 2.3 has so not bad for a first release Just get the epg zap and exit sorted

edogg

Not bad for a first try although i will say that it has more plugins installed by default than i would like and i really really hate the EPG.

What plugins would you see removed?

TS panel personally i think it's very tongue in cheek to say a image is "Clean image with no bulky add'ons
001_smile.gif
left for the end user to add there own plugin/ipk files"
Then to include that as standard in the image, I find it a lazy man's plugin which at times has very poor quality control over the plugins it offers.

dont get me wrong i'm not slagging the image off it's a very decent image and i have it on my duo rite now.

hiya, thanks to everyone involved in making this image, ive had it on for a couple of hours now and im liking it, seems nice and stable, everything on it seems to work great,got a quick question, ive installed coolmans tv guide to show the epg, how can i change it so my guide button brings that up instead of having to press blue button and then scroll down to cool tv guide and press ok, id like guide button to bring cool tv guide straight up, thanks

Install Multiquickbutton and this will allow you to assign different commands to certain buttons

No it doesn't work with this image i tried it

edogg

What plugins would you see removed?

Most of them as it says "Clean image with no bulky add'ons left for the end user to add there own plugin/ipk files" and it is anything but it has far 2 many installed plugins I am not running it anymore because the EPG is very cumbersome to use and it takes longer to cold boot than the vix 2.3 image probably because of all the addons already installed for instance the media player is out of date and buggy and not needed as the duo will play most down loaded avi ,mkv and dvdblue ray rips from the file button

edogg

for instance the media player is out of date and buggy and not needed as the duo will play most down loaded avi ,mkv and dvdblue ray rips from the file button

edogg

Yeah thanks for pointing that out, i actually forgot about the media player as we or rather andy removed that many many image revisions ago. as for the rest of the plugins most if not all are required for base functions such as the media scanner plugin but in ViX these are integrated directly into the image rather than being separate plugins so are most of the time overlooked as there not seen in the plugins menu.

as for being a clean image with no bulky addons well the newest ViX beta ( 289 ) is 4.2 meg smaller than this image not that it makes much difference. even my fully setup backup ViX image still comes out over 1.3 meg smaller than this.

saying all this i am still running the DW image on my Duo although i still really really hate that god ugly EPG and i wont pollute the image by installing Coolmans plugin.

Last edited:
Hi lads, i have made you a new softcam pack, cant get Mgcamd to work for some reason, if anyone finds a script to get it working let me know, enjoy.

94334136.png
24600723.png

Thank You master G Im sure the guys will look at that :)

thanks for all input :) its DW's first effort and comments will be looked at and are all appreciated :)

Must say just banged it on to my box having a play with epg, CCCam, setting and must say well done seems to run fine will keep it on for a few days and test it out more, so cheers for all the hard work sweet. look forward to a 1.2 long may it continue.

Trying to decide whether to try this having set up VTI just how I like it :)

Are you guys also going to release Solo versions of the images you develop?

Trying to decide whether to try this having set up VTI just how I like it :)

Are you guys also going to release Solo versions of the images you develop?

Why not do a full backup of your current image and then if this image is not to your liking you can always go back to VTI

Back