DigitalWorldz Dream v3

I have worked out that evey channel that is freezing on my box is between 700.0 MHz and so on i am wondering would i be able to ring you virgin and ask them to increase my signal that is been sent through
If you call VM, they will send out a guy to check the levels at your subbed box, and if it isn't affected, they won't make any changes. Also, if the problem occurs at the high end of the spectrum, it's very likely to be caused by a strong signal, not a weak one, which means it would need attenuation rather than boosting. Check the signal levels just to be sure, and if it's high, buy a variable attenuator and adjust the signal strength until the levels are within range.

Coaxial Cable Accessories for satellite and cable TV

Been using this image for a couple of weeks and all has been perfect until earlier today. The box locked up, so I unplugged it and restarted. All channels are there and work perfectly, but the EPG says 'waiting for time'. Tried rebooting, no change. Tried 'Restart EPG' from the Services menu. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
waiting for time was an old error on the dbox2's , usually meant the tuner was on it's way out - but not if the channels are working ok. what area are you in?

Yeah. A web search for waiting for time found plenty of dbox2 info but nothing for dreambox (DM500C), and much of the information says that they can't get any channels. I still have all channels. Just no EPG info.

I'm in an ex-TW area in the south-west.

Will try a re-install. I have a backup of the current install if all goes t**s-up.

Last edited:
Been using this image for a couple of weeks and all has been perfect until earlier today. The box locked up, so I unplugged it and restarted. All channels are there and work perfectly, but the EPG says 'waiting for time'. Tried rebooting, no change. Tried 'Restart EPG' from the Services menu. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

the answer is in the 1st post
If you select a 7day epg setting with the sat sectionsd setting on then you will get no EPG
It should say no time not no epg.

select cable sectionsd and your time will come back and the 7day epg will work or
blue
tuxbox commander
var
etc
then delete the file starting epg and reboot the box to get the time back and standard epg.

You can find out about the 7day epg by reading in the dbox section, I don't use it myself but the box has to be put onto PVR_EPG for about 5 minutes to populate the epg.

PVR_EPG is in the others bouquet.

Last edited:
Many thanks for that pointer.

I had actually re-read all posts but did not connect the problem to what you mentioned in the 1st post because I did not have the 7-day EPG selected. I was using the Standard EPG. Always do, and the kids had not changed that setting.

Anyway, after checking in the 'Blue > Extras > Change Cable/Sat' menu, I saw that 'cable sectionsd' was off and 'satellite sectionsd' was on. Strange...probably the kids changed it??

After changing 'Cable sectionsd' to ON and rebooting, hey presto. EPG. Well...almost. Some channels were showing the program on the bouquet menu, but most did not. And none had the EPG in the info bar (EPG not found). After going back into the Extras menu, selecting 'Cable Stuff' and then selecting Standard EPG (even though it said it was already active), after Neutrino re-started, the EPG was working.

Many, many thanks.

At least my kids have stopped asking me what's on next ;o)
If it wasn't for those meddling kids...

If only we could lock/PIN the Blue button menu...

Last edited:
If you call VM, they will send out a guy to check the levels at your subbed box, and if it isn't affected, they won't make any changes. Also, if the problem occurs at the high end of the spectrum, it's very likely to be caused by a strong signal, not a weak one, which means it would need attenuation rather than boosting. Check the signal levels just to be sure, and if it's high, buy a variable attenuator and adjust the signal strength until the levels are within range.

Coaxial Cable Accessories for satellite and cable TV

I got my box and plugged it in at my nannas house and it was working fine and when i plugged it in at home it was all fine just the little bit of freezing every now and then thanks for all the help

ive uploaded this box and im using bruteforce to scan for channels! so far its taken over 30 minutes and still going.. whats the quickest way to scan for channels guys? i see people saying 2 minutes e.t.c

ive uploaded this box and im using bruteforce to scan for channels! so far its taken over 30 minutes and still going.. whats the quickest way to scan for channels guys? i see people saying 2 minutes e.t.c

Set up fast scan for in your area then it should take about 5mins but i noticed when i done the fast scan i was missing more channels than i got when i done i full uk scan

I've flashed the image and ftp'd the magic files into the vat/etc folder. After ftp'ing the file is showing as 0 size. Tried to use the image but only FTA channels showing so I'm guessing the magic files bit isn't being done right?

Many thanks for that pointer.

I had actually re-read all posts but did not connect the problem to what you mentioned in the 1st post because I did not have the 7-day EPG selected. I was using the Standard EPG. Always do, and the kids had not changed that setting.

Anyway, after checking in the 'Blue > Extras > Change Cable/Sat' menu, I saw that 'cable sectionsd' was off and 'satellite sectionsd' was on. Strange...probably the kids changed it??

After changing 'Cable sectionsd' to ON and rebooting, hey presto. EPG. Well...almost. Some channels were showing the program on the bouquet menu, but most did not. And none had the EPG in the info bar (EPG not found). After going back into the Extras menu, selecting 'Cable Stuff' and then selecting Standard EPG (even though it said it was already active), after Neutrino re-started, the EPG was working.

Many, many thanks.

At least my kids have stopped asking me what's on next ;o)
If it wasn't for those meddling kids...

If only we could lock/PIN the Blue button menu...

Hmm...EPG disappeared again after a short while. Re-selecting the 'Standard EPG' gets it back again, but it goes again after 10-30 minutes. Same problem on a DBox2 (Commando 12), so it could be the feed rather than the boxes.

Maybe V are preparing to go N3 in this region next. :eek:(

Hmm...EPG disappeared again after a short while. Re-selecting the 'Standard EPG' gets it back again, but it goes again after 10-30 minutes. Same problem on a DBox2 (Commando 12), so it could be the feed rather than the boxes.

There is talk on ukcvs about the epg crashing and they were making a fix but as far as I know it hasn't been sorted yet.

I think it is an area specific fault, you can ask paphosal as he knows a lot more than me about it.

Hi Can any one suggest me how to update image file directly from internet?
i am using image dw 2.1 but all premium channels are gone now:( as i do not have null modem cable but i can connect my box directly to internet if its possible please let me know you can also pm me i would really apreciate your help

Regards
Max

I am having problems with a few channels - Eurosport 2 being the main one
I think virgin have made some changes so that the scan no longer works properly.
I was previously using a Gemini 2.5 image on a clone and Eurosport 2 shows as something like "747SID 0x961" instead of "Eurosport 2", so I at least I was able to watch the channel.
The scan on DW3 seems to ignore channels with names in this format.
My subbed box shows Eurosport 2 ok with the correct name.
I am not sure but I seem to remember that when you do a scan with a DVB-C card there are 2 channel name descriptions - perhaps the wrong one is being picked up here.
The problem only started about a week ago when all channels disappeared and the new f020 onid started to be used instead of 0031 for pure NTL area of 00003(Thames Valley).

Last edited:
Hi Can any one suggest me how to update image file directly from internet?
i am using image dw 2.1 but all premium channels are gone now:( as i do not have null modem cable but i can connect my box directly to internet if its possible please let me know you can also pm me i would really apreciate your help

Regards
Max

what area are you in? if premiums have stopped working (not the channel disappearing just no sound/video) that more like the CAM - your area might now be N3

There is talk on ukcvs about the epg crashing and they were making a fix but as far as I know it hasn't been sorted yet.

I think it is an area specific fault, you can ask paphosal as he knows a lot more than me about it.

Can live with having to re-select the EPG for the remaining time we have BN (Before Nagra3).

Just had to write it down for the wife/kids (Blue > Blue > 2 > Green > Blue) :doh:

its the latest changes to the feed, not your box..

the main cause is that vm have started transmitting a 0x2bc pid stream on transponders which have up until now only transmitted the 0x12 pid. this has affected the pid autodetect switches. while vm are in the process of converting the 3 old areas with their different dvb standards into a single dvb NGTV standard, getting 7 day epg stability will continue to be a little problematic.

Great image lot sharper than the enigma one I had been using some very nice features too.

Respects

Phat

Back