DigitalWorldz Dream v3

I think I'm missing something here!

No channels will clear, when I go to turn on ROM3/7/10/11 they all give a "no ROM X files found" error.

Here's what I've done.

FTP'd to /tmp
FlashImage
Brute force
All channels found
Left on Sly Sports 1....waited.........and waited.........
Nothing.
FTA fine.

That's it, that's where I am now.

NEVER MIND! DOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Figured out the magic

Last edited:
This image is one of the worst images i have used thanks to the people who have helped make it but 2.1 is much better because i have used dream up to flash the image onto the box with and then i copy all keys etc onto it like i would with the 2.1 image and i only get fta channels i would like it if someone could please help me :Chainsaw:

inspiron if its one of the worst images that you have used just reflash your box with one of the best images that you have used. however, if you are willing to give it a try look at post 10 of this thread there is a link and simple tut to ftp the keys over and get it working.

Thanks mate i am going to reflash my box again because i have put all types of files into it and i am going to copy the install.tar over to var/etc and see if it works i really want to get the image to work because all the channels are put in the right folder i will let you know how i get on in a bit cheers

I have got everything working but some channels are always freezing every second such as FX and a few other is there anyway to stop this from happening

I have got everything working but some channels are always freezing every second such as FX and a few other is there anyway to stop this from happening
It's likely to be a signal problem. Try checking the signal readings on the channel in question. Press Red, then Blue. Then try a channel that works to see how SIG and SNR readings compare. BER is how many errors occur in the stream. It's usually supposed to be around 0-10, and preferably not more than 100.

i dont know if it my signal mate because it is only Sky sports 1 and Fx that is freezing no others any other points tryied reflashing and everything

i dont know if it my signal mate because it is only Sky sports 1 and Fx that is freezing no others any other points tryied reflashing and everything
Signal problems typically affect just a few single channels, typically on the same transponder/frequency, or within close range of each other. It might not be a signal problem, but it's very common. Just check your readings to confirm or rule it out.

i checked them and the BER is like 262143 and other channels are 0 what can i do to fix this mate

quite a lot of my channels are freezing and yeh the BER is going upto 26856 and it is happening a little bit on each channel what can i do to stop this

i checked them and the BER is like 262143 and other channels are 0 what can i do to fix this mate
Well, the BER means you're getting a ton of errors. Now you need to compare SIG and SNR with working channels. If the levels on the affected channel are higher, you will most likely need attenuation to lower your signal strength, and if they're lower, you most likely need boosting. If you're using a splitter or poor quality cable/connectors, this may also contribute to a reduction in signal strength. Removing a splitter might provide a small boost.

Some clones are better than others. Have one that breaks up similar to what you are experiencing here. Happens on SS1 and SS3. A 6db atenuator sorted my problems. To err on the side of caution jusy buy a variable attemuator and adjust to suit your box. They are much cheaper than a booster so I would try this 1st.

...To err on the side of caution jusy buy a variable attemuator and adjust to suit your box. They are much cheaper than a booster so I would try this 1st.
Absolutely. However, if the signal readings clearly indicate that the problem is caused by a low signal, boosting is usually the way to go. Although as I mentioned earlier, poor quality cable and connectors can make a huge difference. I've seen people cure significant signal problems purely by changing the F-connector to a better quality one. Those flimsy ones that come with most clones or are sold on eBay are often crap quality.

hi ive got dw 2.1 image on my dreambox 500c is this a newer image

ive just downloaded v3 what do i do now to get all channels working cheers

ive just downloaded v3 what do i do now to get all channels working cheers

Go to post 10 and there is a link to download the magic file and just copy it into the folder what is says and then just do a fast scan and when it has finished just go to sly sports 1 and leave it for a few mins and all your channels should be working

I have worked out that evey channel that is freezing on my box is between 700.0 MHz and so on i am wondering would i be able to ring you virgin and ask them to increase my signal that is been sent through

Back