DigitalWorldz Dream Neutrino V2.1 [DM500] Feedback

Managed to get it flashed with neutrino 2.0 and everything ok so i must be doing it right, the 2.1 image must have something wrong with it because it still comes up blank no matter what i try so think i will just leave the 2.0 on it.
Many thanks for the help guys.

Hello , how can you see what your signal levels , or BER redaing are , with this image ???
I can't find the answer ..

Many thanks

Only just found 2.0 yesterday, now going to try 2.1... Many thanks for all the hard work and effort :)

Sorry for many messages, but is the DW 2.1 a improvement or shall i just update key?

One more thing, why does my DB only allow me to do Sat scan, how do i take back to Cable scan? Any one got latest TW london keys?

Can someone help me ftp to my boxes. I have a crossover cable and a serial cable. I can Dreamup the image easily using the serial cable. But when I go to telnet the file over, my computer says that the IP address is not reachable.

How to I get the correct IP address? I have gone into networking and read the IP addy on the screen but is does not seem to be reachable?

Help please.

Cheers

DODGY

What image is currently on it? is it definitely a cross over network patch lead?

Give your PC a static IP address (say 192.168.1.10) and leave the default gateway. Then, on the box, set the IP to 192.168.1.11 with the same gateway.

If it's XP, you should get the network connection icon in the bottom corner and it should connect fine. To test this, Click Start > Run and in the box type 'cmd' . in the dos window that opens type ping 192.168.1.11 (the box's IP address) - if you've done it correctly you should get a reply.

If it is working, continue witht Telnet guide, making sure you type the instructions correctly with the spaces in the right place.

Thanks for that, after setting the IP on the PC it worked.

One more question, where do I store the magic.tar file on the PC as when I Telnet to the box, it cannot find the file.

Cheers again

DODGY

so a bit confused if i put this data on my dreambox dm500c i should get the channels lost is that right sorry im a proper noob

so a bit confused if i put this data on my dreambox dm500c i should get the channels lost is that right sorry im a proper noob

Not if your area has switched to N3, no. Once you're in an N3 area, everything, bar a few free channels will stop working. (Everywhere will be N3 in the not too distant future.)

If N3 hasn't hit you yet, then you'll need to FTP the "magic" files over to your box. (Search for magic, and you'll find what you need.)

What image are you using?

Hi Guys

I have managed to connect my Dm500 to my laptop. Can someone explain how to flash the box using a network cable and Filezilla?

Thanks

Back