DigitalWorldz Dream 800SE v1.1 Image

Hi just flashed my 800se to DW 1.1 image

all went ok :)

However I could not see USUALs setup to setup my Moterised satelite, I found positioner ? is this the same I was confused as how to enter my long and lat numbers lets say my numbers are:
Longitude:000.2W
latitude: 98.6N

On the postioner option I see 000.000 too many zeros for me to understand lol

Hi just flashed my 800se to DW 1.1 image

all went ok :)

However I could not see USUALs setup to setup my Moterised satelite, I found positioner ? is this the same I was confused as how to enter my long and lat numbers lets say my numbers are:
Longitude:000.2W
latitude: 98.6N

On the postioner option I see 000.000 too many zeros for me to understand lol

Yes Simple-Positioner is what you want,as for entering your long & lat,do it this way as per your example:

000.200 west

098.600 north

tried simple positioner and then I saw usuals.

Went to try manual scan or go into positioner menu and I get a green screen of death I almost miss the blue one;)
just says your STB has encountered a problem and needs to restart in 10 seconds.

Restarted box and retried and same issue

Time to learn how to fully flash bootloaders and other images me thinks

tried simple positioner and then I saw usuals.

Went to try manual scan or go into positioner menu and I get a green screen of death I almost miss the blue one;)
just says your STB has encountered a problem and needs to restart in 10 seconds.

Restarted box and retried and same issue

Time to learn how to fully flash bootloaders and other images me thinks

Simple-Positioner is usals

Once you set the correct long and lat then you dont really need to go into positioner menu

Heres a snap of my settings,your one should be the same except for your long and lat

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 29
thx my settings are identical already, just plugged in my spiderbox and well thats working fine.

Gotta admit spiderbox is very simple to use, but dreambox is still way better just the speed alone is worth it hopefully will nail this moterised thing.

Even when I attempt a manual scan or autoscan it just says

service scan
Error-faled to scan(error starting) looking at my dish doesnt look like it bothered to move away from 28 east

I think ill try another image....

thx my settings are identical already, just plugged in my spiderbox and well thats working fine.

Gotta admit spiderbox is very simple to use, but dreambox is still way better just the speed alone is worth it hopefully will nail this moterised thing.

Even when I attempt a manual scan or autoscan it just says

service scan
Error-faled to scan(error starting) looking at my dish doesnt look like it bothered to move away from 28 east

I think ill try another image....

Thats more like the dish is failing to move alright m8,
I presume it moves alright with the spiderbox, and that when the dm is connected, its connected the exact same way?

yup works fine with spiderbox usuals

gonna try it again to make sure :)

yup works fine with spiderbox usuals

gonna try it again to make sure :)

Just double check your settings and make sure longitude is set to west not east,as I know on some images it defaults to east and can easily be overlooked :)

Just to confirm it does work as Ive scanned a range of sats on this image :)

thx for all the help wiz

Yeah I rechecked spiderbox and same lat/long settings with north and west in there

perhaps its the numbers all these zeros maybe the digit goes before or after perhaps ill try testing a bit around

but spiderbox goes fine to 13 east and shows freeview channels on there...

oh hello tried a total reset, and at the point of wizard configuration I then chose simple position, entered in lat/long settings and now the dish..... shes alive !

Dish moved and is scanning some sats.... guess might be there scanning for a while but its doing something at least. Might have been some odd setting that might have been wrong or perhaps I need to add some satelites/bouquets in place, either way ill let it go for a bit just too see the dish is fully moving to the correct sats...

thx to all, well it worked in the end, eventually got tired off waiting for it to scan all networks/sats

So found cats eye satellite list and now can goto 9e or 28e and click a channel and the dish now moves and all worked well got there in the end :)

I like the digitalworld image its nice and clean and simple, now to try the next experiment !

Hi,

It states in the first post of this topic that CCcam is installed as standard, do I need to activate CCcam by enabling a check box somewhere or is it automatically enabled and running by default?

I have looked through the menus and cannot find any info about CCcam, could someone please let me know where I can find the options and settings for CCcam in the menu structure for this image?

I must say, this is a great image, I have tried a few images over the past week and keep returning to this one. It's compatible with "Rats" channel lists and they go onto this image perfectly.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Hi,

It states in the first post of this topic that CCcam is installed as standard, do I need to activate CCcam by enabling a check box somewhere or is it automatically enabled and running by default?

I have looked through the menus and cannot find any info about CCcam, could someone please let me know where I can find the options and settings for CCcam in the menu structure for this image?

I must say, this is a great image, I have tried a few images over the past week and keep returning to this one. It's compatible with "Rats" channel lists and they go onto this image perfectly.

Cdmt
Pimpi

I think its menu-setup-softcam :)

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

I think its menu-setup-softcam :)

Sent from my x10 using Tapatalk 2

Many thanks for the quick reply and the info, found it OK now, how did I miss that, it's obvious now you have pointed it out.

Cdmt
Pimpi

yeah same here oddly enough, I tried ramiMAHER-v23-dm800se-06-14-2012 and even BlackHole-1-7-0-dm800se-ramiMAHER and dunno the skins looked good but not so clear to see the menus/icons.

Even when I had digital world image installed I like the way it displayed the program I was watching on the front lcd....

Im seeing a few guys uploading "backups" of there images ?

I assume this is there own personalised images with there addons and bits, seems there is alot of tweeks and cool things to do on the dreambox I only just discovered to put picons so I can see the nice logos on the TV only to discover u can get them on the front dreambox lcd !

Anyhow reflashing back to dreamworld image now to reload the bits and bobs...

It would have been awesome if someone could have made an image with front lcd screen picons and picons pre installed and all the other handy main bits, but I guess these are the backups people are posting ?

A backup is something that was spoke about back when we were testing betas for the DW images, tbh plugins are very easy to install

mate the picons in front display is very easy to do :)
Full colour picons on front oled dm800SE - Downloads - Digital World Forums

extract the zip and put the skin_display96.xml file in /usr/share/enigma2
and overwrite the existing one

once done, restart enigma2

There are quite a few plugins here (most popular ones)
Satellite - Dreambox Downloads (Plugins)

:)

How To Install
FTP to TMP folder

On Dreambox
Blue
Software Management
Install Local Extention
Memory /TMP
make sure a tick is in the file(s) you want to install
Green to install

thx I was well baffled about how to install these addons and extensions I downloaded a few built into the digitalworld image but nothing was showing up especially picons. I still dont know how to get cccam up and running even I can see the menu and start and stop it, dont see an opton to even enter details lol

But I can see its like u say u gotta FTP to the dreambox to get these things going :)

I was wondering why so many talk about channel list... no ones gonna spend ages scanning for channels lol

This Dreambox 800se is amazing, but I give the spiderbox hd box one thing u can just switch it on click anything and its already there ! Its very newbie friendly.

Last edited:
Back