DigitalWorldz 1.6.2 Released (feedback) DM500-C Enigma

If you are connecting your dreambox to a router then you can use this cable. If you are connecting straight to your PC then you need a crossover ethernet cable.

But that's a question for a new thread as it's not feedback belonging to this image ;) There's a guide here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, with people reporting finding channels which you couldnt before, does that mean the tuner drivers are better now, or still need booster if you had problems befor ?

Hi, with people reporting finding channels which you couldnt before, does that mean the tuner drivers are better now, or still need booster if you had problems befor ?

again ...make a new thread m8
this is feedback for Digitalworldz Dream 1.6.2
flash the image and try it for urself ;)

sorry, just got my dreambox today got neutrino 0.9b running on it, dont like enigma interface :(

cracking stuff :)

changed the default emu as it wasn't direct recording very well (blockiness) recording is now completely perfect

the ip threw me a bit as it's changed from the good old 192.168.0.200

small gripes i know lol

absolutely magic picture and all chans etc. very stable it seems

Cool Beans DW nice one!

OK. i usually use num cable to up the file.

with this ftp i heard i need to use ethernet , is this true ?

<snip>

cheers

you can still use null modem and dreamup to flash this image.

Hi, what process do i need to do when a box got a neutrino image on it, and gonna load this on ?? Dream up ??

cheers

Chaps, essentially it look sgreat, but the DW menu is not working and no cams are available, does this mean its a bad flash, or should I enable something somewhere?

Chaps, essentially it look sgreat, but the DW menu is not working and no cams are available, does this mean its a bad flash, or should I enable something somewhere?

reflash my friend sometimes when flashing the dreambox it doenst take the whole flash lol just one of those dreambox things im afraid happens to us all at some point :)

once reflashed u should be ok :)

cheers

osborne82

Cool, thanks for that (and quick too) - the best bit about the dreambox is that you panic when stuff happens like you (i) did with a dbox...

I had the same problem with zaf786's gemini 3.4 and it took a double flash to get a working image.

I did give an explanation http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=834502&postcount=21of what I thought maybe causing it.

For me I do this

ftp to tmp

telnet in
root
dreambox
cd /tmp && eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp DW.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

then just wait for the box to restart on it's own, TBH even using this method I had to flash twice with the gemini 3.4 :(

Thanks again all. I did another flash doing it the FTP way, with no improvement, but then did a Flashwozard Pro flash and its fine.

Hi there looking for some help I installed the new dw image last night done a scan and got 134 stations I have noticed the ppv football staion is missing and also some others I am living in Dublin Ireland any one any ideas on this it would be a big help thanks.

!!! This post was moved to the correct thread, You have already asked about this so there was no need for a new thread ellie1998 !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have Only Just Install 1.6.1, Im Allways One Step Behind, I Am Going To Purchace Another Box So I Will Load It On That And Let You Know How I Get On.

I put on this image on my box last night and everything seems to have gone fine using the flash instructions in the original post.

In the 1.6.1 image I was getting a lot of "service not found" problems with a lot of channels, usually BBC and UKTV even with my SNR set to 94% using a TV attenuator. Last night I only had one such issue though it found the "lost" channel when I changed channels. I seem to get varied SNR ratings on channels though from 92% - %95 but overall this image seems a lot more stable than the previous one. The box I have is only a couple of weeks old.

new image

Hi new image looks great can anyone tell me why I dont have all the stations that I had with the old image I am missing ppv football and some other chanels I am living in Ireland I am new to this so forgive me if its somthing simple thats causing me not to get all stations.

Hi fella's

Flashed the image last night looks relly cool.Although i didnt have a problem with the previous version i decided to give it a whirl :)

When i tried to put my services and bouquets on i kept getting service not found.

If i did a manual scan all was ok except that all channels where all over.

I think i may be backing up my services etc wrong.

Any idea's as too what i should \ shouldnt be backing and from where.

Thanks in adnavce

Gaz

is there any significant changes to this image, compared with the last one ?

Also, in terms of looks ?

Cos the previous one works fine for me, so is there any point putting this one on ?

cheers

Hi,
Just updated to the new image no problems (thanks to dw,well done), however i am having problems directly recording to my nas (connected directly to the dream via crossover). i will note i had no issues with the previous dw 1.6.1.
I can access previously recorded programs and play them no problem, the problem comes when i try and record via blue button it seems to record okay displaying the usual messages, but i get no hd activity light. I stop the recording as usual and go to the file menu, the recording is there complete with the programe name from the epg and i select it to play back but i just get a black screen.
I set up the mount exactly as before, basically in a nutshell i have done nothing any different and all was good with the previous version. Anybody else have any problems like this?
Many thanks
blinky

Back