Digital World EXCLUSIVE! SPEED CAMERA DATABASE!

Mick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there members :)

We have been working on a new system here at digital world that would bring allot of members a very nice addition to our site.

Let me explain a little:
We had a bit of trouble with a site that said we was copying there information and posting it on our server... now everyone knows here that we always try and do everything possible to keep digital world clean and piracy free!

So with that in mind we decided to write our very own GPS Camera Database its still early and obviously we do not have a huge amount of cameras but we intend to find as many as possible and add them so you can now upload these cameras (points of interest) to our very own database.

And the best part is this will be totally FREE no need to donate, no need to pay us a penny we want to give something back to our community and this will be totally free FOREVER!

ALL WE ASK IS THAT YOU ARE A MEMBER (not so much to ask for) AND LEAVE THE COPYRIGHT IN TACT OTHER THAN THAT YOU CAN POST IT ANYWHERE YOU LIKE :).

Here is our front end (please note this is still in beta and we have quite a bit of work to carry out before we can class this as a full release and not everything is working, like googlemaps... need to cut down the countries... add a members cameras section below, and a few more bits)

We will have a full Digital World camera Database out within a month!

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/satnav.php

I would like to thank all of the mods and admin who have been working very hard on this in the last two weeks they really came together.

UPDATE:
The front end page (satnav.php) now includes the following features as of (05/05/08)

Google Map
Search google map to find address
Drag and drop marker to display longitude and latitude
Insert cameras into the database

Regards
Mickie D

Last edited:
Thats Fantastic news m8, I know you davidh and mairyhinge have been working hard and putting in a load of hours on this, I'm sure it will be a huge success once it's up and running AND how it should be ... FREE

Well done and thankyou guys :Clap:

Micky mate you're a star! and all the guys that have been working on this.

I know the stupid site in question and i will be removing ALL their crap off my gps system and using the dw ones.

well done guys

ps: we can all put our postcdes in lol

just wondered how i would add these to my bmw sat nav discs.

i am gonna get slated now LOL

hopefully we will be able to put these out as these formats

tomtom ov2
tomtom itn
smartpath ovr
generic asci
destinator csv
navman csv
navio asc
garmin csv
miomap csv
miomap v3/igo upd

so not just tomtom will benifit

great ideal, i have a tomtom, its a pity i cant use my road angel to help you with the locations of the cameras, if you think you can use anything from that let me know :)

Outstanding !!

Does it cover a Garmin 310 ?

Really appreciate the work you guys have done, cheers :Cheers:

this place is going in a league of its own different class.
Thanks to all who put in all the work:Clap:

What a cracking idea, well done everyone involved.This is good news
for those that don't know but have microsoft autoroute this is an easy way to get latitude and londitude
zoom in on area
goto tools and click on "Location sensor"
a small pane will pop up
put mouse on map where camera is located and read lat and long from the opened pane.

sorry if its like teaching some to suck eggs but hope it helps

Last edited:
Excellent News

I have been searching for TomTom Camera DB on here over the weekend and kept getting empty links. In the end, I had to cough up the £19.00 for the PSGP database. It's only a tiny file and really not worth that amount money. Great Idea and Good luck with it....I will certainly use it when my current subscription to the PGSP DB runs out. This is an excellent site by the way!

Madasafish2

A big thank you to all involved in the speed camera database this is very much appreciated keep up the good work

This is excellent news guys.

I forked out recently for the Tom Tom subsciption as it was on special offer, so this will be really great.

Well done

:Clap:

Nice one guys....:Clap:
Next you'll be Giving us personal info on the rozzas so we can bribe them road side
:)

Mubz

hopefully we will be able to put these out as these formats

tomtom ov2
tomtom itn
smartpath ovr
generic asci
destinator csv
navman csv
navio asc
garmin csv
miomap csv
miomap v3/igo upd

so not just tomtom will benifit

people can also use "poi edit" which for those that don't already know is a free tool (google it) which can change p o i files from one format I.e. tomtom to another format i.e garmin. its very easy to use.its not just for speed cameras etc but will change any poi file.

Back