@digidude

JimmyP

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
here's that nice little program to stream to ur pc so you can watch big bro in the kitchen lol

ive only tryed this on my trusty 500s buyers beware and all that shit lol

Last edited:
it tries to install codecs, then says runtime error 76, path not found, and closes :(

all sorted now m8 :)

first run setup, then setup1
then run from the installed prog file, not from the unzipped files

working gr8 here :proud:

im gonna flash all the bedroom boxes with PLi images next weekend, and replace the network hub in the living room with a 100/10MBps one as the one now is just 10MBps, which aint quite enough bandwidth to stream that box into the kitchen, but the ones upstairs which are connected to a 100/10 hub stream perfectly, even 2 boxes at once a-la split screen downstairs ;)

What does this software offer different to Firefox then? Or is it needed because other images you guys use dont have streaming function built in?
I've always streamed all over home by just typing local ip in browser because its easy for the kids to do in their bedrooms- they just double click the firefox/shortcut icon on their desktop then choose the channel and click web-x-tv, job done. So will this software be easier for them to use? Or does it give something more?

Last edited:
ive never managed to get it streaming straight through firefox, even after installing plugins and allsorts, this is the first time using anything ive managed to get it working

the boxes in the bedrooms are on images DW2.0, gemini and PLi so i dont think its an image issue

No i just wondered if the different images perhaps didnt have the web-x-tv function when connected to http console.
I've never had a problem with firefox or plugins. Once a pc has firefox installed then vlc installed, its just always worked so i just presumed it mostly works for others too, although I know the 500 has some breakup issues with some people due to speed.
Downloading movies from the 7020 to the laptop or the fileserver etc is done with Firefox as well, but its never had any setting up its just always worked. Strange.

Back