Digging for Bitcoin (physically)

"Computer engineer" throwing out a HDD that can still be read, with data on it?

I don't think I've thrown out any piece of computer equipment I've ever bought, and most of that which I've been given. I've got something akin to Sheldon's "Fortress of Shame" :).

Needle in a haystack slim to no chance of him finding it and even slimmer for the council to help him.

Agree with Spectre no chance a working hdd does not get put somewhere safe regardless of size, this bloke must be on Valium keeping himself calm.

I'm surprised they don't fine him for not recycling properly. That drive should have gone in the small electrics skip, not landfill ;)
Electrics Skip ?

We dont have one of those we ask the nice refuse collection staff where it is and he takes it off us personally and pops it in his car boot to sell on ebay.

You'd be surprised what the people actually doing the recycling and sorting take home. Maybe this guys HDD is not in the landfill tip !!

You'd be surprised what the people actually doing the recycling and sorting take home. Maybe this guys HDD is not in the landfill tip !!

Indeed, but then the chances of the drive being wiped is very high

What is the chances that the disk has even kept salvageable integrity in a landfill?
You would want to know though!

Jesus, this crypto is going through the roof. I think sooner or later it will actually go even further.

Look at this fecking IDIOT in 2013 lol
LINK ---> #17

Wonderful hindsight!!!

Mick

What is the chances that the disk has even kept salvageable integrity in a landfill?
You would want to know though!

Jesus, this crypto is going through the roof. I think sooner or later it will actually go even further.

Look at this fecking IDIOT in 2013 lol
LINK ---> #17

Wonderful hindsight!!!

Mick

Aye, if only... I would have set it up on my work office PC :D.

That drive will have had water in through the vent hole, or will have been folded in two by the compactor.

Back