Difficult to setup?

TheWakeUpCall

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have never had satellite, so I have no idea how tricky it is to setup. However, I have read that it will be £80 to have it installed, which is ridiculous I think.

So I was wondering, if installing the equipment is just a case of, screwing it to the wall of the house, look at where the neighbours dish is pointing and put a wire through to the house.

Can satellite dishes be installed in the loft? Because that would make it easier also.

Thanks.

Its simple enough to put up if you have basic diy skills. Tuning the dish is easier if you can see the tv, or if you have a sat meter which are only cheap.

Personally I dont think £80 is expensive when you compare to a terrestrial aerial installer with average charge £150 ~ £250 for installations.
As for loft installing, nope you will need a direct line of sight to the satellite. The signal will not travel through roof tiles, walls, trees, etc.

Ok thanks, my dad does stuff like property maintenance, so if it's just a case of screwing onto a wall he's perfectly capable. Thanks.

You should go for it. Setting up a sky dish really is simple and after you have done one you will find it easier each time you do another. The best idea is to start offering to fit for friends and family and you'll quickly cover your costs, with some extra beer money in your pocket :).
Get installing, get people converting from Freeview to Freesat.

just hadfreesat fitted

just purchased a freesat from curry's, they arranged a engineer to install a dish & set up the box,box was £149.99 & the fitting inc dish was £79,99, which I thought was not bad,can't wait for the hd channels to start!

Back