Diesel injector cleaner

Never say never until you've tried it, have a read up about it. It won't fix it if it's broke, but it might help with mpg and keep your engine cleaner as it burns better..........use a mineral based one if you do đź‘Ť

I've used Redex before (sometimes on offer in Costco) despite the local mechanic saying it makes no difference. He advises the occasional run at a steady pace and without acceleration to clear the DPF. Personally I don't have a clue so I'm going to try that Forte stuff if I ever see it.

i put on every second refuel about 150ml of 2 stroke oil in my tank, the engine sounds smoother and starts better on cold days

i forgot to mention the lubrication effect on the whole fuel system especially the high pressure pump and the injectuon nozzle

I have a '04 Tucson CRDI which has just covered 100,000 miles. It runs very well, been serviced regularly etc. BUT it has a slight mis-fire (on just one cylinder I think) between 1500 & 1900 rpm. Most noticeable on gentle acceleration or slight inclines. Recently I put through some fuel additive injector cleaner (Liqui-moly) and it did help but hasn't cleared it completely.
I was wanting to try some different brands, I've seen Hydra Diesel Power Blast, Forté, Redex etc. etc. among others, but I would like to know if anyone who has personal experience could recommend one.
TIA.
Hello I don’t know if it’s easy for you to bye this product (didn’t see where were you from) but I work in auto parts an the sistem cleaner of stanadyne is great
stanadyne

2 stroke mineral oil become popular a few years back when they removed or lowered the sulfur content from diesel.

From what i understood at the time many older cars relied on the the sulfur content for lubrication of the fuel system, and adding 2 stroke was seen as a replacement.

However adding mineral 2 stroke WILL improve performance, lower the knocking noise AND burn hotter ie, more complete on older cars. Newer cars don't need the same lubrication properties as older cars as they are built with the current diesel formula in mind, but again will burn hotter and more complete.

All additives do the same, make the diesel burn hotter, which is hopped will burn the debris away from injectors and DPF. Best way to clean DPF is high revs over a longer period and burn the soot off the DPF filter.

My understanding of it anyway, as with everything your mileage may vary.

2 stroke oil + make sure to run the engine throughly hot to clean the catalyst + DPF regularly. Has worked for me.

Back