Did not write one partition!!!!

jimbo100

Inactive User
Reaction score
My mate has screwed up his first box and has passed it onto me to try and sort. Basically the bottom line is, he did not choose the 'write one partition' option, he selected the 'write whole image'
Now, looking about in other threads, this seems to be an important part of the process! my question is this, is it dead or can it be brought back to life?

THe channels are there (by ftp service.xml), just no picture! and if I try a scan it does not find any transponders or channels and I'm left with nothing?

Any suggestions, or pointers in the right direction?
Much appreciated.
Jim

just reflash it m8 using ifa

cheers

Cheers Gav,

I'm giving that a go just now, struggling with it though. But I'm gonna try all options before I post for help.

Cheers again,
Jim

I did the very sam thing the first time i tried it. Thought i'd caked the box but used IFA and works perfectly now.

Gav,
Need your help again m8.
I got IFA working, But I still cant get the box working.
I have tried Liams enigma image and half way through a scan, it locks up. It looks to me like a tuner problem. I got a hold of my mates box, and used IFA and flashed it ok, done a scan and it works OK. The next thing I'm gonna try is swaping the tuners, but can you think of anything else to try before I tuner swap?
Cheers,
Jim

There could be a very good reason why thats happening and it doesnt always relate to the tuner - so not to worry just yet!

Firstly, try my enigma image again; it might have just been a bad flash. Also, use my FIRST version of enigmaX, not revision 2.1 version. If that fails, try different images. Boxcracker is supposedly good for weak tuners, etc.

There are still a few things you can try; dont try a tuner swap just yet [it could prove to be a painful mistake ;)]

Liam

Cheers Liam,

Tuner swap is my last card to play.
I will try out your suggestions 2nite and report back.
PS - Your new popup software looks good, that will be my next download when I get this sorted.
:Cheers:
Jim

@Jimbo,

have you tried a working services.xml for your area ? Also if you have no luck with Liam's enigma image (although from what I can remember the scanning option is great) try my new image remember to use the correct scanning options for your area.

Also can I ask if you have ever had the box or any box working in the current location ?

de_deej

@de_deej & Liam
I have tried all of liams suggestions and still no joy. I tried box cracker, scanned and no channels found. re-flashed with enigma, this time it completed the scan! but found 96 transponders, 6 tv and 0 radio! but then it just displays 'no service found'.
I will give your image a go right now and see what happens!
RE: a working box in my current location, yip, I have my box working ok, 100%,with no problems! The problem box is my mates!
Cheers, Guys.
Jim

edit: Sorry I forgot to say, I used my working service.xml on the problem box and it still did'nt help. Cheers

Last edited:
@de_deej
Tried your new sporster pro image, scanned using my area settings. No channels found, tried a bruteforce scan, and still nothing!
it still says waiting for time. Even tried using my service.xml again, all the channels are there but it says 'waiting on time' when I try select a channel!
I think i'm gonna swap the tuner now, its my last and only option left!

let me know how you get on as i am having the same problem but if you search for one of my threads you will see i have been going through the same as you i have had board checked tuner checked redone all the solder on the board had new tuners n that work before i put them in dont work on thta box taken back out and they work so its been exhausting time for me but hey what else am i a doing if i hit upon a solution to this i will inform you

cheers, notanotherone

I will keep you posted. I am tuner swaping 2nite/2morrow.
What solder joints did you have re-soldered?

Will let you know the results.

Cheers,
Jim

Enigma X Revision is it for cable or sat

if this image for the dbox and for cable Enigma X Revision i dont know where to put my service files and bouquet files thanks.

jimbo100 said:
cheers, notanotherone

I will keep you posted. I am tuner swaping 2nite/2morrow.
What solder joints did you have re-soldered?

Will let you know the results.

Cheers,
Jim

Hello Jimbo, I think what you are looking for can be found in the download section mate, Chris.

@leedsleeds you cant put service and bouquets from a neutrino image on enigma do a service scan first then sort your bouqet to the settings you prefer ie set movies music sports etc hope this helps gl i think you can use bouqetter to convert

Back