di4000n - bk - jtag

troopy

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have made up a jtag interface according to "hot to build a simple jtag interface" by 'PSXNET' and connected it to the correct pins on the di4000n board, but when trying to connect using SDT i get 'error 43' PC to Target Cable Disconnected.

I have checked and double checked the interface and connections and all seems fine, also, I notice that the jtag I have made had fewer resistors than one from such as TMC.

Also according to the guide by 'PSXNET' the 3.3v is connected to both pins 1&2 and gnd is connected to pins 4,6 and 8.

My question is what state does the box need to be in to jtag?

i.e should I power it on with cable feed and scart disconnected? should I be in the engineers menu or is it ok for the display on the box to show 'N*L'? or what?

any help greatly appreciated.

cheers

troopy said:
Hi,
I have made up a jtag interface according to "hot to build a simple jtag interface" by 'PSXNET' and connected it to the correct pins on the di4000n board, but when trying to connect using SDT i get 'error 43' PC to Target Cable Disconnected.
I have checked and double checked the interface and connections and all seems fine, also, I notice that the jtag I have made had fewer resistors than one from such as TMC.
Also according to the guide by 'PSXNET' the 3.3v is connected to both pins 1&2 and gnd is connected to pins 4,6 and 8.
My question is what state does the box need to be in to jtag?
i.e should I power it on with cable feed and scart disconnected? should I be in the engineers menu or is it ok for the display on the box to show 'N*L'? or what?
any help greatly appreciated.
cheers

Make sure you've got the mac_mot running and have the box powered up with scart and feed disconnected .....

and my preference is BKE2.2 but if you use SDT make sure you don't run the beta version ......

SDT beta

Thanks mate,

I have the MAC_MOT running and both the feed and scart disconnected,

However I was running SDT beta version,

I will try to find a non-beta version and failing that I'll try BKE2.2, Is it difficult to use?, I had originally gone with SDT as it was walked through in the tutorial I read.

cheers

troopy said:
Thanks mate,
I have the MAC_MOT running and both the feed and scart disconnected,
However I was running SDT beta version,
I will try to find a non-beta version and failing that I'll try BKE2.2, Is it difficult to use?, I had originally gone with SDT as it was walked through in the tutorial I read.
cheers
Try this ....

thanks mate,

unfortuneatly got the same results, just to check I am doing things in this order:
power on box (display shows n*l)
connect parallell end to pc
start MAC_MOT
start SDT1.1
select pace 4000
enter NetID
click checksum
leave JTAG setup as default (ARM 940T | WIGGLER)
click 'connect'
get error

I have tried different variations of connecting the box and starting progs but still the same error.

I have checked the connections and configuration of them and they are fine, parrallel port is set to epp ecp and enabled.

I have just ordered the £10 jtag from TMC as it seems my home-made botch job is not working.

troopy said:
thanks mate,
unfortuneatly got the same results, just to check I am doing things in this order:
power on box (display shows n*l)
connect parallell end to pc
start MAC_MOT
start SDT1.1
select pace 4000
enter NetID
click checksum
leave JTAG setup as default (ARM 940T | WIGGLER)
click 'connect'
get error
I have tried different variations of connecting the box and starting progs but still the same error.
I have checked the connections and configuration of them and they are fine, parrallel port is set to epp ecp and enabled.
I have just ordered the £10 jtag from TMC as it seems my home-made botch job is not working.

Must admit, it looks like you've done everything you should have?

Lets hope the new jtag works ......:)

2 things- check pin 8-15 on the D type is linked and that in the bios, printer port is set to EPP.

Thanks for the reply mate,

8 - 15 are defineatly connected on the 25pin d-type connector, also the ground runs through pins 18 - 25

Also, I had pins 1-2 on the 4000 board connected to 3.3v and pins 4,6,8 connected to gnd, I have now 3.3v only to pin 2 and gnd to pin 4 0nly (which looks like it's connected to pin 6 anyway) so i have taken away 3.3v from pin 1 and gnd from pin 8 (as illustrated in other tutorials), I still get the same error 43.

I will try again setting the parrallel port to epp as opposed to 'epp | ecp as i haven't since these changes but but hold out little hope,

could anyone clarify the pinouts on the di4000n ?

much appreciated

Also, I had pins 1-2 on the 4000 board connected to 3.3v and pins 4,6,8 connected to gnd

m8, your standard wiggler jtag only has 1 wire that goes to 3.3v {you connect it to either pin1 or 2, "you dont connect it to both"}

cheers mate,

I bridged pins 1|2 and pins 2|6|8 then connected the 2 wires respectively,

Thats how I read that from 'how to build a simple jtag interface' by 'PSXNET'

As I said in the above post I have now connected 3.3v to pin 2 and gnd to pin 4
only.

by connecting my 3.3v to both pin 1 and 2 could I have done some damage?

pins 4/6/8 are already bridged on a 4000 board m8

the 3.3v is comeing from both connections on the mainboard {pin1/2}---the power comes from the mainboard to run your jtag, "its not the other way round"

by connecting my 3.3v to both pin 1 and 2 could I have done some damage? {i doubt it m8, "should be ok" }

Finally got it working and got the BK and IRD.

Thanks for all the help,

Does anyone have a copy of 'novice angels guide' complete with pics?

I found a cached copy on google but with no pics.

cheers.l

troopy said:
Finally got it working and got the BK and IRD.
Thanks for all the help,
Does anyone have a copy of 'novice angels guide' complete with pics?
I found a cached copy on google but with no pics.
cheers.l

Well done m8. :BLOBBY:

Hope to have the same result tomorrow

Finally everything is up and working,

thought I had bought a dud but with the kind help of the folks on this forum I now have it sorted,

Big thanks to you all.

Back