Di4000 Box Key help Please....

memememe

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well as usuall someone will flame this post to tell me to use search....

But..... what do i search for ?

"How do I get the box key from a Di4000 Pace box"

"what else do I have to do to the box besides get the box key ?"

The tutorials are fine, in that they tell you a specific task to perform.

Is there a tutorial that that gives a list of what has to be done from the start to the finish and with what equipment please ?

I started with a box that had been done in the past.
ie the box number was written on the bottom and the card missing.

I have learned by using this forum and search how to get in to the engineer menu and get the IRD number, I am in an NTL area that is ex C&W so programming an atmega 256 card was a little confusing at first as i used the NTL setup but using an Infinity USB programmer and its default software, I managed in the end.

My next task is another Di4000 Pace box i have with no box number available.

I am not really sure beyond cutting the talkback what i have to do.

I have read that atmel chips have to be removed, a mention of a red jumber, a jtag wire system.

Can someone tell me, what "generally" i have to do, i can search on "how to do" when i know "what to do"

Do i remove the chips and have to read them in some type of programmer, what type and software.?

Or do i read the information from the "jtag wire system" to the motherboard ? again what software and programmer ?

Where does the red jumper and software update mod come into things ?

Finally how do I update the boxes old software to the newer one?

I dont ask for all the specifics, just a generalisation of what is what please.

I have not posted on here much because when you ask a question you get flamed to search, luckily a NICE member pmed me and helped me to suss out programming a card.

I do search but finding exactly what you want is not always so easy..

ie
i progged my card on a NTL box in an NTL area and it did not work, it needed to be progged using C&W, finding that out via search is by means an easy task.

Like i said before specifics can be easily searched, but broad questions need to be posted.

Thankyou in advance to anyone that is prepared to help me and thankyou for an informative forum.

search jtag mate you will find all u need

UPDATE!!
I have found the original funcard 4 card that came with my box, separated when my house burned down..

How do i get my box key from it please i tried funcard viewer v2 but it wont read it.
I dont have the original hex files either. I do have the IRD number only.

Any help would be appreciated please
Thanks

pm me your ird and i will have a look

btw. what programmer are you using?

I am using an infinity USB, i have a copy of the bk database, not sure if it is up to date but my IRD was not in it.
I will pm you the IRD just in case

Thanks

If you have your ird and a phoenix proggy and a paired funcard which will more than likely be locked but worth a try reading it first (and do remember to save the files you get from the first reading of it and you can send them to my e-mail addy or copy and paste and PM me them) then your nearly there mate if the bk can't be read from the card all you need to do is get a jtag from TMC or jabs and jtag that box for your bk number and write an AU funcard file to the funcard you have

Clive.

I have an old pheonix programmer what software do i need to read the funcard please ?

Well even though i did not get many replies, i have managed with the help of this forum and the search system to accomplish what i needed to do.

Thanks to those that did at least bother to reply.

memememe said:
Well even though i did not get many replies, i have managed with the help of this forum and the search system to accomplish what i needed to do.
Thanks to those that did at least bother to reply.

what u have to relise is the questions u have asked
have been asked many many times before
that is why we say please use the search
and another thing u have to relise is we where all in the same boat as u we had to learn
so ok do a search then if u get stuck on somthing ask
there r enough tutorials there to go from start to finish

look in the tute section

as Davidh has said mate these are basic questions which have been asked and answered many times therefore i said use the search facility we are not being cruel in anyway and we love to help but it will be better for yourself to learn and understand the basics then if you get stuck and someone helps at least you know what one is on about
glad you are sorted though ;)

Back