DG480 Advice please

Ok I have discovered using the beta hub tool Mac finder that the mac I have is dead.
Is this because my friend is too far away?
I have also left it running on the mac finder tool and all of the mac's it generates and checks come back with either dead or activation page. Is it just a case of going through the long length process, until I get one that says valid or genuine or alive, what is the term the programme uses?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it finds one that works it will tell you if it's 20meg 10meg or the lowest one 0.512meg...it's trial and error I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

@HibbyDave
I must be missing something, mac changed to a known working one (mates from accross town) his always worked from the old days of the Ambits.
Any ideas what it could be, down graded changed mac, confirmed change in the admin sittings page, its his mac that now shows.

I think if he was to reboot that modem he'll find that mac is now dead, the secret a few years back was not to turn the modem off when docsis 1 was changed to 2 etc, he must have another macs you can try or even scan for new ones.

From what I gather is you need to scan for macs from older docsis 2 cable modems and they can go straight online without certs?

Do any of these cable modems still alive and the config files are they the old 20meg 10meg and .512?

if i clone my dg480 how do i get the latest firmware back on?

I can't find a option on the hub tool to check if my mac is good it should be it's off my Bro modem 4 miles away is there more than 1 version of the hub tool cheers

I can't find a option on the hub tool to check if my mac is good it should be it's off my Bro modem 4 miles away is there more than 1 version of the hub tool cheers

I've got over 60 macs off the docs is 2 modems would they work

Back