Derren Brown - he scares me!

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I love his show and i love the fact that he says he is using abilities that we all own, he doesn't pretend to be a magician, but he fooking terrifies me, can u imagine having him as a mate?!

Derren : "Wanna go out out for a few pints tonight"

Me : "**** off, you're not hypnotising me and getting me to rob a bank, kill a kitten, have me attacked by the cast of Resident Evil then pump my arse!"

LMAO how he can just walk up to people and ask for their wallet and theyre only too happy to hand it over,wonder how many times he does it off camera.
No wonder the guys loaded lol

I remember watching one episode where he was betting on the dogs and lost. He went straight to the bookies, handed over his slip and asked for his winnings, which he duly received.

He mentioned he did that loads in uni.

Sorry but it's a load of old bollox imo

His uses very simple effective psychology to dupe his punters. I saw him live a good few years back and thought that he was very entertaining then.

I'm surprised many people don't see his tricks as I've cottoned onto him a few times.

I love his show and i love the fact that he says he is using abilities that we all own, he doesn't pretend to be a magician, but he fooking terrifies me...

yeah i really like his shows too - love the way he openly says there aint no big mystery to it all - and its all just about psychological manipulation and techniques like wordplay, body language reading etc.

however much as i like his stuff, i've gotta say i AM finding this new series of 'trick or treat' shows slightly sinister in the way that he's become some sort of life improvement guy - and the tricks and treats are supposed to improve the way the 'victim' feel about themselves and make them better people.

like did you see that 'power of negative suggestion' one? where he kept repeatedly telling the nice young lass NOT to electrocute the kitten and just before the timer ran down, she pressed the switch to kill the kitten?!?

that made her a better person? how? lol

yeah i really like his shows too - love the way he openly says there aint no big mystery to it all - and its all just about psychological manipulation and techniques like wordplay, body language reading etc.

however much as i like his stuff, i've gotta say i AM finding this new series of 'trick or treat' shows slightly sinister in the way that he's become some sort of life improvement guy - and the tricks and treats are supposed to improve the way the 'victim' feel about themselves and make them better people.

like did you see that 'power of negative suggestion' one? where he kept repeatedly telling the nice young lass NOT to electrocute the kitten and just before the timer ran down, she pressed the switch to kill the kitten?!?

that made her a better person? how? lol
lol, I just watched that episode now.

Quite well done, but very sinister..

I remember watching one episode where he was betting on the dogs and lost. He went straight to the bookies, handed over his slip and asked for his winnings, which he duly received.

He mentioned he did that loads in uni.

This is the one your thinking of mate [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II_-QcW4Q4I[/ame]

The kitten electrocution episode was pretty weak imo, it was just stupid, why would an adult forego a £500 reward just for not pressing a button and killing a kitten?!

He said he didn't hypnotise her he said he only played on her subconcious and regressed her into a child like state through suggestion only, to me that's bullshit.

The kitten electrocution episode was pretty weak imo, it was just stupid, why would an adult forego a £500 reward just for not pressing a button and killing a kitten?!

He said he didn't hypnotise her he said he only played on her subconcious and regressed her into a child like state through suggestion only, to me that's bullshit.
she went for it though, clicking on the pen constantly and banging on the table like that.

she went for it though, clicking on the pen constantly and banging on the table like that.

Do you think you would have done it?

Unless I was hypnotised I seriously doubt that I'd have done it, £500 is a lot of money to me! :)

I have no idea tbh.

I dont like to hurt animals, but I dont like cats. maybe if it had been engineered to suit me more then maybe, but a little kitten? No idea.

Do you think you would have done it?

Unless I was hypnotised I seriously doubt that I'd have done it, £500 is a lot of money to me! :)

Read this Read this, You Will bring your 50" plasma to my house tomorrow and a bag of chips............

Back