dell and vista

gez

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my desktop was bought with xp on and it upgraded to vista a short while later. over the past month of so its getting slower and slower. i have tried all the usual reg cleaners spyware etc but to no avail. i have a legit xp disc and think i may put that onit, how can i format c drive(it wont let me under normal ways) and is it ok to do it then put xp onand what about drivers etc.someone suggested partition but i dont know how to do that.
any other SIMPLE ideas out there
cheers

as it is a dell machine, it will be very easy to get the drivers from the dell support site.

Part of the install process for XP allows you to completely format the drive, so this should take care of that problem for you.

If one did not come in the box (I think charge for them now), you should have a recovery disk image on your hard drive that has all right drivers on there. Check your manual (I know it was good for something), details are in there.

if none of that works then try and boot of the windows cd then format it but as been sayed dell pc always comes with some sort of back up image on the hardrive and if you do a full format keep in mind you will lose that info

Back