Other Deleting files from an uninstalled program

goldeneagle1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Recently installed nero but something went wrong so I un installed but it left a few files. I tried deleting these manually but it says I don't have permission & I was running as administrator.

Any idea how I delete these remaining files ?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

If you get stuck download a copy of Unlocker - it's good at getting rid of those undeletable files like old Windows installations...

Take ownership of the files. Run Explorer as Administrator, right-click on a file/folder, select Properties, Security, Advanced, Owner etc. and change the ownership to you and ensure the permissions are not set to read-only.

For me iObit works fine. I have been using this product from his beginning, almost 10 years. Uninstaller can find all unwanted files. :) I recommend.

i usally use this its called revo uninstaller pro... its some pretty good software and its free to download...

Revo Uninstaller Pro - Uninstall Software, Remove Programs easily, Forced Uninstall, Leftovers Uninstaller

regards fireblade.

This is exactly the program I was going to recommend. Has worked wonders for me in the past! It's really easy to use, and does more than just program removal, and extra file removal as well. This program will allow you to go into uninstallers in advanced mode and allow you to detect all dependant files to that program. Anyhow, it also lets you wipe you drives, clear cache, defrag, etc etc. Way cool, and simple UI.

Back