Deleting a certain bouquet problem.

parker13

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have sportster+1xuk and several different bouquets, all usefull apart from one which is called "other" I have arranged the chanells in such a way that all the blank and test chanells I don`t want are now in the "other" bouquet, the problem is I can`t delete this bouquet, I have gone through the motions with the dbox and the bouquet is still there and I have deleted it through internet explorer by typing the boxes ip in to internet explorer and deleting the bouquet but it is still there, even after a reboot of the box, I have also copied the bouquets to my pc and opend it up only to find that the "other" bouquet is not showing up, I then copy that bouquet to the box only for it to show it, There must be a simple answer, Please, somebody tell me.

Hi,

The only way to delete it is to delete all the unwanted channels from your services.xml first.

de_deej

can anyone suggest a prog to delete the chanells from my service.xml.

I have used wordpad from day one no problems at all, load it in and cut the complete line of the channel you want to get rid of, dont worry about any spaces left when cutting the line out as they will be ignored.

Cooktop is a free and very clear xml editior.

de_deej

No problem. Be careful with it as it is very sensitive and will save without prompting so make a backup of your original services file. You will no if the edit has been successful if you try to open it when you've finished editing. It will work if it opens if it doesn't open start again.

de_deej

you can always do the quicker way of creating a bouquet [scrap] and shove the unwanted channels in there and then hide it ;)

Open up your bouquets in wordpad, and on the other item line, you will see hidden"0" Locked"0"

If you change Hidden"0" to Hidden"1" IT WILL HIDE IT FOR YOU.

Back