delete program

krazylegz

Inactive User
Reaction score
how can i delete a program. i installed alcohol 120 but it never worked. so i went to control panel to uninstall it but it's not listed there,but the shortcut is on the desktop and the main file in in program files. i've tried deleteing the folder directly from program files but it says it being used by another programn so cant delete it. i've unchecked the box so it's not 'read only' anymore but i still cant delete it.

any ideas anyone?

still no good m8 as it's not showing on there either the little fecker

edit.............just ignore that m8 sorted it now;)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes what these programs do is put themselves on the Startup. So a part of the program starts up with windows when you turn your computer on and these programs dont give you an uninstaller package. So when you go to delete the folder in program files, a part of that program is running that is why it cannot be deleted to the recycle bin.

I know you got yours sorted but for anyone else trying it, what I found was to start in Safe Mode and Delete from there. Also check "msconfig" for any remnants of that program in your startup. And sometimes even in the registry, but i never go that deep. lol

Back