Delete Channels On Dbox

tango

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
Guys I Dont Know If Ths Has Been Covered Before But I Tried Deleting Channels Of My Dbox Some Time Back And Realised It Could Not Be Done
But I Have Managed To Do This Now
What You Need To Do Is Connect Your Box To Your Computer VIA THE ETHERNET CABLE And Open Up Bouqet Wizard
Next Go To Top And Make Sure Setting Are Correct In Bouqet Wizard So That It Is Talking To Your Box
If Your Using The Commando Image Then Set Your Ip As 192.168.0.24
Make Sure You Change Settingsin Your Nic In This Case They Should Be 192.168.0.23
Ok Now In Bouqet Wizard Got To Top Where It Says Import/export
Now Assuming That You Have Already Done A Scan In Dbox And You Have All The Latest Channels
Do An Import, You Will See In The Left Hand Side All Your Services And On The Right Hand Side All Services In The Bouqets As You Have Stored Them
We Are Only Interested In The Left Hand Side Services
Scroll Down And Select The Channel You Dont Want Right Click And Select Delete Service
Once All Serices That You Dont Want Have Been Deleted All You Need To Do Is Export Back To Box
Reload Services In The Box And Your Done
Make Sure You Have Turned Background Scan Completely Off So Your Box Is Not Scanning For Any New Services

Hope This Has Helped

Hi
Guys I Dont Know If Ths Has Been Covered Before But I Tried Deleting Channels Of My Dbox Some Time Back And Realised It Could Not Be Done
What You Need To Do Is Connect Your Box To Your Computer VIA THE ETHERNET CABLE And Open Up Bouqet Wizard
Next Go To Top And Make Sure Setting Are Correct In Bouqet Wizard So That It Is Talking To Your Box
Make Sure You Change Settingsin Your Nic In This Case They Should Be 192.168.0.23
Now Assuming That You Have Already Done A Scan In Dbox And You Have All The Latest Channels
Do An Import, You Will See In The Left Hand Side All Your Services And On The Right Hand Side All Services In The Bouqets As You Have Stored Them
Scroll Down And Select The Channel You Dont Want Right Click And Select Delete Service
Once All Serices That You Dont Want Have Been Deleted All You Need To Do Is Export Back To Box
Make Sure You Have Turned Background Scan Completely Off So Your Box Is Not Scanning For Any New Services

Hope This Has Helped

nice one m8

but when you scan again they all come back lol

best bet is to follow this and they will never come back again

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=85664&highlight=myservices

cheers

yeah i know
but do this assuming you wont have to scan again
but the way things are going with v media abd sly i think we'll have to scan quite often

yeah i know
but do this assuming you wont have to scan again
but the way things are going with v media abd sly i think we'll have to scan quite often

i know what you mean as there is a lot of changing at the mo

but i swear by myservices.xml as i never need to change anything and i scan for all channels nearly everyday and all the crap channels are gone all the time i just love it

cheers

Hi

Hope This Has Helped

You can delete channels on the box without using a pc:

Press Blue.
Go To TuxBox Commander
Navigate to: /var/tuxbox/config/zapit
Scroll down to: services.xml
Press: 4 (edit)
Scroll Down to the channels you don't want (press right to jump one whole page).
Press: 3 to select the line.
Press: 8 (delete) to delete the selected line/channel.
To mark several you have to press 3 and scroll down, but to miss a line out you have to press 3 again, and then again when at the next channel you want to delete.
Press: Back (Home), and confirm the save changes to "var/tuxbox/config/zapit/services.xml".
Press: Back (Home) to exit the Tuxbox Commander and Save The Current Settings.

Remember you need to have automatic sections scan disabled or the channels will re-appear.

As Gav said you can use myservices file to hide the unwanted channels, I personally don't like this as I think it makes my box more temprimental.

Hope this helps.

de_deej

Back