delete adult channels

stefblak

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok is there a way to do this, forever? my mate wants to give his box to the boy. so can it be taken out for good?

You could create a myservices file and remove them, that way they wont come back even after a scan. It can be done manually but theres an easier way....try and get a program called bouquet editor and you just transfer the services and bouquets from the box to bouquet editor and create a myservices file where you can remove whatever you want, then transfer it back to dbox.

It's unlikely your son will do a scan......unless you've told him how to do it.

Follow jaffa but simply delete the adult bouquet..............I've got kids so my adult stuff is on a PIN.................I only ever tune in every second Tuesday after a double shift.........even then only for five minutes coz it's shite

I don't think simply deleting the Adult bouquet will serve much purpose on the default settings of most neutrino images. The naughty channels would just appear in the 'Other' or 'Andere' bouquet.

My solution would be to edit the services.xml file and remove these channels from this file. A good text editor (like the freeware metapad) is recommended- wordpad and notepad are liable to corrupt the file...

Then go into the Menu Personalization menu and 'hide' the Scan Menu in the Services section. Or PIN protect it. Then PIN protect the Personalization menu itself.

You should find this a fairly robust solution- it certainly works for me!

Cheers- AL

I'd recommend jaffa's idea of the my services bouquet as a way of ensuring they wont come back even after a scan. Thats how I have mine set up You can also get rid of all the crap that way.

thebigman.

thanks guys. ill give it a go. i usually dont bother about it, buts my m8s boy is 11, what do u think hell do. lol

and after you sort the adlt chnls remove the scan config wont scan then

Also, dont forget that that some of the adult channels may well be some of those called NVOD or similar, so you will need to check and remove those as well.

Would suggest to use bouquet wizard and use the option in there to create a myservices file which removes these channels. Make sure that sections scan is off so background scanning doesnt pick up any more/new ones.

Freddy

Add all the adult channels to a myservice file as removed - that way even if he does scan they wont come back

Back