defrag

I would just use the windows defragmenter it may be slower than the others but it means you dont have to download any custom applications, anyway you can just leave it going overnight. to run the windows defragmenter go to the start menu, Programs, Accessories, System Tools and Disk Defragmenter. You then select the drive you want to defrag and press Defragment

Windows defragger does an ok job of reorganising the fragmented files but isn't good at moving all the unfragmented files to the start of the disk. And I usually have to run it 3 or 4 times in a row to get all the files closer the the strat of the disk.

DISKEEPER for me its leading defrag software out there .I use diskeeper 2007 .

IT also works in the background.

Just so you make an informed choice. Diskeeper is and always has been the software of choice to defrag drives.

Microsoft noticed this and bought the rights to use a cut down version in window xp. it works and does an ok job.

Should you want to get the very best performance out of your pc then use diskeeper if not just use the in built defrag with windows

Perfect Disk

I have to agree that Perfect Disk is a great programme and I have also used Diskeeper 2005/2006/2007....

Google Raxco for perfect disk....

Did I mention I am not biased and this is my own personal preference :)

: colors1

Regards

Coolur

Back