Decrypting NTL STB - That easy?

3sgte_Power

Inactive User
Reaction score
Not sure if i am getting the drift here...but i was under the impression to decrypt an NTL STB (Sammy, 4010, 4001, etc etc) you need to re-program a chip in the circuitary inside the STB.

Looking at the beginners guide, the only physical techy bit is doing the talkback and then from then on its just programming the cards.

Speaking to someone recently who done this to his own box, he reckons he had to unsolder a chip, programme it and resolder it back into the circuitary, yet there is no mention of that here!

Am i missing something?

Look forward to replies.

Best Regards

3sgte_Power said:
Not sure if i am getting the drift here...but i was under the impression to decrypt an NTL STB (Sammy, 4010, 4001, etc etc) you need to re-program a chip in the circuitary inside the STB.
Looking at the beginners guide, the only physical techy bit is doing the talkback and then from then on its just programming the cards.
Speaking to someone recently who done this to his own box, he reckons he had to unsolder a chip, programme it and resolder it back into the circuitary, yet there is no mention of that here!
Am i missing something?
Look forward to replies.
Best Regards

depends which box model it is?2000 models require the atmels removed and read.

Back