Debug help please

joneey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello, please can somebody help me, i am trying to get Nokia 2 x intel into debug but am going wrong somewhere. I have loaded all the settings into bootmanager and done pin 12 reset, when box goes into reset mode it talks to bootmanager but says "cannot ping", when box is in laden it says "pinging ok". i dont get any info in the comm screen whilst in reset and when i type in icache it comes back saying "cannot communicate with Dbox, timeout". Your help would be greatly appeciated as this is doing my head in. many thanks

joneey said:
Hello, please can somebody help me, i am trying to get Nokia 2 x intel into debug but am going wrong somewhere. I have loaded all the settings into bootmanager and done pin 12 reset, when box goes into reset mode it talks to bootmanager but says "cannot ping", when box is in laden it says "pinging ok". i dont get any info in the comm screen whilst in reset and when i type in icache it comes back saying "cannot communicate with Dbox, timeout". Your help would be greatly appeciated as this is doing my head in. many thanks

@Jimmq:- hope you don’t mind me using your comments – I couldn’t be bothered to type all this again :)

@joneey
dont want to sound picky as it is your first post but normally ppl introduce themselves here:

[DLMURL]http://www.world-of-digital.com/foru...splay.php?f=32[/DLMURL]

after telling us a bit about yourself read the rules here :

[DLMURL]http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/rules.php?[/DLMURL]

then use the search facility which is here

Advanced Search - World of Digital

so as not to upset anyone, then post your questions or advice in the relevant room please after you have used the search facility . The basic stuff has already been covered many times before and it will save you annoying ppl you might need later on by asking basic questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
KhuramG. very sorry for not introducing myself but have been getting wound up with this box.

Yes KhuramG, have looked and tried all the above but still to no avail. In bootmanager it is as if it is not talking to the Dbox because when the box is in reset mode i get ip addresses in the top of bootmanager and it says "transfer finished 394 blocks" BUT comm window opens but cannot type in any commands. also i have noticed down at the bottom of bootmanger it states "Status NFS:0(RX) - 0(TX) I have no firewall or antivirus software on the pc, O/S is winXP

the numbers come up first, then it goes into reset (flashing)

If you get such a screen debug mode is already enabled.

when i power up without "BOOTMAGER" being open it states "BETA RESEARCH" and LADE... flashing below,after a few flashes it comes up with "das betereibssystem,
knomtonnte nicht korrekt
geladen warden.
mit" ok" aktualisie-
rensiejetz das
betriebssystem

when started with BOOTMANAGER holding POWER and UP BUTTON
it starts with 017a10081
and then 01*****81
and then RESET.... flashing continuously

You should read the tut once more.
First the ppcboot must be transmitted to the box. Next you have do enable the flashreset after a reset in the lcd. If you get 5 bars its ok and you can release the pin12.
After that you have to type in icache in the com terminal window. If you get no response is likely you use no real null modem cable.

Hello mgb, and many thanks to all who tried to help, but it would appear that i have a faulty box. I tried everything on a friends box and there was no problem communicating with it but i tried mine once more and it still wouldn't communicate. Is there anything else i can do with the box?

As mgd said when u get the reset looping press up button on box then when numbers appear apply the short...then when 5 blocks appear between the numbers release the short u should now be able to type in the com window...
you have to get the 5 blocks to appear and they have to stay there.
hope this helps

I would like to say a big THANKYOU to ALL for helping me with this setup.
Advice to everybody who is new to this READ THE TUT'S CAREFULLY.
Many Thanks Joneey d:)

Back