iPod dead ipod nano help needed please.

jock

Inactive User
Reaction score
right then my daughters got a 4g nano shes had it for ages(been left in the draw for the last 6 months lol) anyway she dug it out yesterday and connected it to her pc fine,itunes loaded up and was showing her ipod was full,so she deleated her libery folder on her pc and then pressed sync which a message came up saying it would deleat all the songs on the ipod which is what she wanted to do.
but ive just plugged it in this morning to my pc(to add some new albums on it) and my pc isnt reconiseing it both in itunes or in my computer.also the ipod has a blank screen. does anyone know how i can bring this back to life?

also ive tryed resetting it via flicking the hold switch off and on and then pressing menu & center buttons at the same time and still nothing?

Try a diiferent computer or usb lead mate

Also if you have a mains charger plug it into the mains and give it a little charge that way!

Let us know if any of this works or not as i will try and find out more if it don't

cheers for the reply,ive tryed it on 3 different pc`s and no joy also borrowed a different cable and still the same?

Do nano's have a restore mode like the new touch/iphones do, have a google, a certain button combination combined with inserting the cable for itunes usually puts them into restore more and itunes can then reload the FW

Is there any logo on the screen of the iPod Nano at all or is the Nano completely dead?

Mate if there is nothing i recommend you ring apple up they might have some more info on how you can sort it

Let us know

try this,

try holding the middle and menu button at the same time.....you have to hold it a while but that sometimes works did when one of the kids froze up,it seems to act as a reset.

Back