Dead Goldfish

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
We have had goldfish for quite a few years now, and they tend to die on us.

The first one got buried in a matchbox in the front garden, and had a little funeral that the kids went to and a cross put over the grave, the second and third were buried as well. They didn't get a cross though lol.

After that we started flushing them down the loo, the last one died last week and i threw it in the recycling bin :(

Am i just getting callous, is it because there's been so many of them at this stage, or maybe it's cos the kids are bigger and aren't interested in them anymore.

What does everyone else do with theirs? :err:

Jan you sick fook! ;)

The setup was perfect though, well done. I laughed at that one, someone had to say it.

Well I do love fish with crispy batter and tomato sauce....but....that's from the fish n chip shop where it's already been sucked fooked n cooked. Can't help thinking it'd be slippery n slimy otherwise! ;)

These guys are quite small and raw, and usually die from swim bladder disease or something else weird lol. So i wouldn't recommend eating them ;)

Well if one is sick enough to do that then one might be sick enough to try collecting all these dead fish, put them in a box and then go out chucking them at walls so they splatter and then wipe the entrails off with a spatula....hours of fun....luckily I don't have any fish.....or a spatula.....nor would i do a sick thing like that of course! ;)

These guys are quite small and raw, and usually die from swim bladder disease or something else weird lol. So i wouldn't recommend eating them ;)

Raw is good. You not heard of sashimi? Some of my favourtie food. I'd eat him, although need a couple really to fill me. lol.

how do you recycle a goldfish?

do they turn it into a fishfinger?

Is it weird that when you say salmon fingers I think of something totally different....Jan m8 not a word!! ;)

pure as the driven snow you are. :)

I'd just stop buying them then is no one is arsed about them. You might be putting the tank in the worng place. They don't like bight lights or direct sunlight, loud noise and vibrations. A filter would be nice or cleaning out every few weeks.

We had a golf fish from the fair which lasted about 10 years, tried dying on me once but revived it by crushing a paracetemol up and putting it in the water! Got another couple of years out of the old sod after that. Water is easily charged by the master and power symbols or a clean quartz charged and placed in the tank might be an idea.

Thanks, i actually got rid of the tank about two years ago and put the goldfish in the water feature in the garden.

When i say keep dying i mean over a space of about ten years we have gone through quite a few, not that they die every few weeks, i probably should have clarified that. When i had the tank i had the filter and everything going grand, we had one fish must have lasted five or six years, he died last week, and we don't have any more now, not planning on getting any either!

Thanks, i actually got rid of the tank about two years ago and put the goldfish in the water feature in the garden.

When i say keep dying i mean over a space of about ten years we have gone through quite a few, not that they die every few weeks, i probably should have clarified that. When i had the tank i had the filter and everything going grand, we had one fish must have lasted five or six years, he died last week, and we don't have any more now, not planning on getting any either!

I refer back to my original post. Waste not want not. lol

U done the rounds with hamsters as well then Eva for the kids i mean? they got a habit of croakin on you when u just got to know them and spendin a fortune on 'rotastak' cages etc.Were on our third 1 now!

No, no hamsters, had one when i was a kid myself, we were just about to bury him when my uncle called and told us he was hibernating! lol

Had a dog (had to have him put to sleep about two and a half years ago) and we have a cat, that's it now!

Back